Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How will this mess effect Gamboa's career?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How will this mess effect Gamboa's career?

It will be one year this september since his last fight.

Potential P4P star sitting on the sidelines
    Last edited by Rivaldo; 07-17-2012, 01:17 PM. Reason: Not being sued lol

He's not being sued... they came to an agreement and have parted.

Comment

That shut me up haha. Any news on new promoters?

Comment

I'm curious if he's still going straight to LW or stopping at JLW to fight Broner.

Comment

Wont have much impact IMO.

He's still training on a regular basis and will be keeping sharp. Yeah, the lay-off isn't ideal, but he's too talented for something like this to get in the way. He'll be back in the ring soon to get back to being the best, in whatever decision he decides to fight in.

Comment

He wasted a year and no matter what he does he will never get that year back, that was the whole problem with the ordeal even he if got free he still lost because time is not on his side and boxers that rely on reflexes and athleticism makes that even more important.

That said it is not like he was getting beat up during that year, so atleast his fight mileage did not go up and that is most important. He did have a long amateur career and he did fight quite a bit in a short period as a pro so maybe a year off could help him in some ways.
            Last edited by The Gambler1981; 07-17-2012, 01:35 PM.

Comment

want him to destroy broner

Comment

Hopefully this intermission won't cost him much, but we'll see.

As others have said here, he's not gettin' any younger and he seems to depend an awful lot on his physical advantages.

I'm just jonesin' to see him in the ring.

Go get in a street scuffle and youtube it or somethin' for chrissakses! lol

Comment

Originally posted by lefthook2daliva View Post
                  Hopefully this intermission won't cost him much, but we'll see.

As others have said here, he's not gettin' any younger and he seems to depend an awful lot on his physical advantages.

I'm just jonesin' to see him in the ring.

Go get in a street scuffle and youtube it or somethin' for chrissakses! lol
                  Haha that's exactly how I feel.

Agree with revs too, would love to see him fight Broner.

Comment

a year layoff for anybody is gonna hurt, especially for a fighter in their prime, no matter how well preserved they are.

he was comin hot off of two marquee wins over two ranked guys in his division and possibly 3-4 fights away from p4p contention. this year could've cut that journey in half.

now he'll be returning off a one year layoff, with a new promotional team, no belts and still the most dangerous guy in his division. that's a tough predicament to be in, and quite a hole to climb out of.

He'll do it though.

Comment

Working...
                    X