No announcement yet.

New sparring

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RurouniYume View Post
    You do a lot of ducking that is borderline illegal. You look like you know what you're doing I guess but I really don't find your style very strong or respectable to be honest.
    borderline illegal? ducking isnt illegal period. tell that to pernell and james toney. and my style is strong because i dont get hit much and i can hit when i please. these are green fighters and im mostly jsut putting in rounds back to back. but thanks for your opinions i do appreciate it. id love to see you move around the ring if you can post any

Comment

Originally posted by boxer2k5 View Post
      borderline illegal? ducking isnt illegal period. tell that to pernell and james toney. and my style is strong because i dont get hit much and i can hit when i please. these are green fighters and im mostly jsut putting in rounds back to back. but thanks for your opinions i do appreciate it. id love to see you move around the ring if you can post any
      I was under the impression that ducking below the waistline was illegal. Seems to be a very amateur rule I guess, my mistake. Just doesn't look very appealing in my opinion. I'll get some videos up as soon as I can

Comment

Originally posted by RurouniYume View Post
        I was under the impression that ducking below the waistline was illegal. Seems to be a very amateur rule I guess, my mistake. Just doesn't look very appealing in my opinion. I'll get some videos up as soon as I can
        james toney and pernell fought very amateurish. lol. btw this is sparring not a fight. big difference. but i do look forward to your videos.i shall post some new ones soon. take care

Comment

Nice work but post some videos of you sparring guys that make you work and not just guys you are working with. Theres no doubt you got rounds under your belt.

Comment

Originally posted by boxer2k5 View Post

your not allowed to bend over at the waist. that is supposed to be illegal but i guess some referees let it go. because i have seen it done in pro ppv fights and some were warned and sometimes not.

Comment

I remember back when you first started up rollin' the dukes, I wished you luck.

The videos that were shown displayed poise, discipline and some good experience. Obviously your sparring partners were not killers but you handled them exactly as you should have that being with honor. You kept them honest with out putting a beating on them, they obviously respected you in that ring.

I'm interested to know how many bouts you have had and if you have any you can show us. I'll bet that you are doing well.

One thing if I may, in the video of you working the mitts I never saw your trainer make you have to get out of the way of a shot and rolling with your counter shots. You may have done that through the video but I just watched a few minutes of it.

But still, regardless you must know.............
              That when you finish delivering your shots that's when most opponents will fire back.

Very nice display man of skill..........................Rockin'

Comment

whats going on rockin? how are you? I only have a couple sparring with some pros and top guys but you know how the business is when im sparring a pro or top amateur they either dont allow, or you have to pay them to record, and sometimes im told not to put it up so i respect it. but here is some sparring lil while back. as amateur i was 19-3 i was kinda distracted with injuries and my ex lol and ws off last 2 years but im good and training. i had left my manager and went back to my old team and we working on some stuff now. im looking for my debut aug 13.

this is a pro HW 6'4 240 and after is a top amateur 178 sorry for the quality

same HW above but im going at him southpaw now sorry for quality

heres a top amateur. he got shot some time after and cant box anymore
                im the one with the balck and ankle weights on

Comment

My trainer would probably personally personally jump over the ropes and ****ing beat my **** for ever boxing like that, He always wants us to look good even if were going easy.

Comment

For all the people talking smack, please post your own sparring videos or shut up. Everyone is an expert behind the computer screen these days.

This guy is putting in work and it looks good to me. You aren't meant to try and murder the guys you spar with either, especially if they are smaller then you.

Comment

thanks. I mean i never knew everyone is pose to put on virtuoso performances everytime they spar and fight lol. floyd mayweather has videos of him sparring and lookign like ****. i pretty sure i explained that my best sparring is either not recorded because of the partner or because im not allowed to put it up. not only from my coaches and supporters but other friends i have in the boxing community coachers managers alike tell me not to put stuff up. i say ok ill just put lil stuff up plus i dont have any of the real good **** on footage. but this is why we train im not perfect im not the best but im effective and i win. i make progress and i understand the game. styles make fights and if its nto pleasing to some ok whatever cant please everyone but im going to do my best and win. i dont mind being criticized the reason why i put stuff up here. its part of the game. and ppl who talk about my style must not watch all the vids because not only am i in some rounds orthodox to southpaw but go from moving and angles to counterpunching to being the agressor. but its part of the game training to get better. noone is the best and there is no limit to getting better.

i appreciate everyones opinion and support thank you

Comment

Working...
                      X