Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I have one last question to you guys about the Rigo vs Loma fight?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have one last question to you guys about the Rigo vs Loma fight?

There are a lot of excuses like the weight, he got scared, he hurt his hand, he was old, he sold the fight and so on and so forth.

My question is this: Rigondeaux has shown in his entire career great footwork including lateral steps, pendulum steps, jump back steps, left and right turns/pivots, feints, half steps, etc. He's shown this in his sparring, he's shown this when he hits the mitts, even in his training 2 days before the fight he showed all these characteristics that made him who he is/was.
    In the fight though, he didn't show any of these characteristics that have made him who he is now and that's why it was so easy for Loma to outbox him and so frustrating watching it. Let's say the weight slowed him down, let's say his reflexes weren't there anymore, where did his skills go? I am not even talking about punching.

At this point all theory is mute. Just like all theory is mute for Salido taking Loma to lalaland without headgear.

For me, both Rigo and Loma should celebrate that they both have L's in funny fashion, given ALL CIRCUMSTANCS for both...which in my opinion isn't so much ironic, but rather the best thing that has happened for Dan Rafael & Kids. =)

Comment

Originally posted by LalinPromotions View Post
      At this point all theory is mute. Just like all theory is mute for Salido taking Loma to lalaland without headgear.

For me, both Rigo and Loma should celebrate that they both have L's in funny fashion, given ALL CIRCUMSTANCS for both...which in my opinion isn't so much ironic, but rather the best thing that has happened for Dan Rafael & Kids. =)
      When did solido take him to Lala land? Did you even see the fight? Loma took him there in the 10th round. Only thing solido did was a full out assault on his nuts.
      Last edited by A.K; 12-12-2017, 05:12 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by pesticid View Post
        There are a lot of excuses like the weight, he got scared, he hurt his hand, he was old, he sold the fight and so on and so forth.

My question is this: Rigondeaux has shown in his entire career great footwork including lateral steps, pendulum steps, jump back steps, left and right turns/pivots, feints, half steps, etc. He's shown this in his sparring, he's shown this when he hits the mitts, even in his training 2 days before the fight he showed all these characteristics that made him who he is/was.
        In the fight though, he didn't show any of these characteristics that have made him who he is now and that's why it was so easy for Loma to outbox him and so frustrating watching it. Let's say the weight slowed him down, let's say his reflexes weren't there anymore, where did his skills go? I am not even talking about punching.
        Media day he was killing the mitts yes, he was just taken apart by a better boxer, and next to being a better boxer he was also younger more active and heavier, that's all there is too it.

Comment

Originally posted by A.K View Post
          When did solido take him to Lala land? Did you even see the fight? Loma took him there in 10th round. Only thing solido did was a full out assault on his nuts.
          AGENT SALIDO

Comment

Originally posted by LalinPromotions View Post
            AGENT SALIDO

Comment

Or We can just say he fought a guy who neutralized all those things he was good at against way inferior opponents.

Comment

Originally posted by Jsmooth9876 View Post
                Or We can just say he fought a guy who neutralized all those things he was good at against way inferior opponents.
                I've thought about that and it's possible obviously but let me ask you this then. When Loma was circling to his left Rigo was following him instead of moving to his own left the way he's done in other fights, in sparring or with his trainer doing mitt work. I saw this in the first round and I was like no way, this is ABC boxing, I can't believe Rigo is doing this, and Loma gave away the first round too. So Rigo was doing everything backwards including when Loma wasn't punching or imposing, his speed, size or mental games.

Comment

Originally posted by A.K View Post
                  what happened?

Comment

I've thought about that and it's possible obviously but let me ask you this then. When Loma was circling to his left Rigo was following him instead of moving to his own left the way he's done in other fights, in sparring or with his trainer doing mitt work. I saw this in the first round and I was like no way, this is ABC boxing, I can't believe Rigo is doing this, and Loma gave away the first round too. So Rigo was doing everything backwards including when Loma wasn't punching or imposing, his speed, size or mental games.
                    He can do whatever he wants in other fights because the guys were levels below him. The same way Donaire was levels below Rigo and couldn't do Jack **** against him. He just fought a better fighter, nothing wrong with that. But the way he quit, that's the real issue.

Comment

Working...
                    X