No announcement yet.

Alexander Dimitrenko - Emerging From The Heavy Void

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alexander Dimitrenko - Emerging From The Heavy Void

By Troy Ondrizek - I doubt that I’m the only person who was annoyed at how the Wladimir Klitschko/David Haye negotiations were going, and how they held most of the attention in the heavyweight division. It’s a good fight and I’m sure as the June event draws nearer my anticipation level will increase. I’ll be honest; I’m not sold on the fight and the circumstances surrounding it. It’s obvious that Wladimir Klitschko is the best heavyweight in the world, and David Haye can claim something that neither Klitschko brother can; that he was a linear champion (cruiserweight). It is an interesting fight, a champion from a lower weight class fighting the top contender in the next highest weight class. What’s not to like about that? [details]

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
    By Troy Ondrizek - I doubt that I’m the only person who was annoyed at how the Wladimir Klitschko/David Haye negotiations were going, and how they held most of the attention in the heavyweight division. It’s a good fight and I’m sure as the June event draws nearer my anticipation level will increase. I’ll be honest; I’m not sold on the fight and the circumstances surrounding it. It’s obvious that Wladimir Klitschko is the best heavyweight in the world, and David Haye can claim something that neither Klitschko brother can; that he was a linear champion (cruiserweight). It is an interesting fight, a champion from a lower weight class fighting the top contender in the next highest weight class. What’s not to like about that? [details]
    Wladimir briefly mentioned Dimitrenko as an opponent, but I doubt we'll see them fight anytime soon. We all know that IF Haye wins it's going to be a year before Haye fights anyone not named Klitschko or maybe longer. Also Dimitrenko might not be the type of fighter Wlad could handle, tall, strong, good chin and a good punch. A fight with Vitali and Sascha would be entertaining, but the biggest barrier of all is Klaus Peter Kohl and the Klitschkos. That sucks, it will make it hard for Dimitrenko to stake his claim to the throne through the Klits, he'll have to bide his time waiting

Comment

Alexander Dimitrenko is good for the division as a contender. He adds spice to the heavywieghts, we need contenders like him and Povetkin, guys that can actually fight, and not just run there mouths, like some beefed up cruiserwieghts out there. Dimitrenko and Povetkin will be the Klitschko brothers toughest tests. Anyone between now and then will be dismantled Wanna see Dimitrenko vs Arreola.

Comment

Uh, what does the post have to do with the title of this thread?

Anyway, there is no shortage of great up and coming eastern European heavyweights. Boystsov is one I'm watching.

Comment

Alexander Dimitrenko's inactivity is disappointing - he fought only twice in 2008, and we're already in April, but he doesn't have a fight scheduled for 2009 yet.

This seems to be a terrible waste of talent. I know he's had diifferences with Kohl, and so I wonder if that's the reason he isn't fighting often?

Hopefully we'll see him in action soon.

Comment

What

Originally posted by werewolf View Post
            Uh, what does the post have to do with the title of this thread?

Anyway, there is no shortage of great up and coming eastern European heavyweights. Boystsov is one I'm watching.
            What does spelling a fighters name wrong have to do with Dimitrenko, its Boytsov stupid ass. And yes he is a good fighter, one 3 problems with Dimitrenko, Vitali and Boytsov, there all trained by Fritz Sdunek, so i wonder how that would all play out if and when these talented fighters meet up.

Comment

Working...
            X