Collapse
No announcement yet.

Batista is the 2nd most successful wrestler turned actor behind the rock

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Steve Austin did a couple of decent flicks but he only plays a racist redneck

Comment

I always wondered why he got such a cold reception from WWE fans when he came back after a brief hiatus. Fans booed him out of the arenas and I never understood it. I liked him as a wrestler. He isn't bad as an actor either.

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofDempsey View Post
        I always wondered why he got such a cold reception from WWE fans when he came back after a brief hiatus. Fans booed him out of the arenas and I never understood it. I liked him as a wrestler. He isn't bad as an actor either.
        A wrestler named Daniel Bryan worked his butt off and fans felt that Batista leaped frogged him to main event wrestlemania. It wasn't really about Batista it was more about WWE fans being mad that their favorite character was getting shafted again

Comment

I liked Batista since the Evolution days with Triple H, Orton, and the Nature Boy.

I think Batista was also in some Kung Fu flick with the RZA and Russel Crowe.

Comment

Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post
            Hogan was in Rocky 3. Bautista has bit parts because he's shit at acting. They could literally get any wrestler to play Bautistas parts in Guardians of the Galaxy and they would go over just as good.
            I dont know he's pretty funny in guardians.

Comment

It's a pretty steep drop off after the Rock. I liked him in Guardians, he was really good, if it leads to more roles of a similar nature he's easily number 2. He was pretty much just "there" in Spectre.

Hulk Hogan did a lot of films but they were mostly straight to video rubbish. Jesse the Body had a few good roles in big films (Predator, The Running Man) I suppose he's next.

Comment

It's Bautista...not Batista and he has 2nd billing on IMDB for Blade Runner 2049 and that movie is going to be huge.

Comment

Originally posted by jaded View Post
                  It's Bautista...not Batista and he has 2nd billing on IMDB for Blade Runner 2049 and that movie is going to be huge.
                  No he doesn't.

All promotional material (previews/posters etc) have Ford and Gosling as the main billed actors and rightly so.

Even then you have Robin Wright and Jared Leto billed before Batista.

Comment

Originally posted by black.ink View Post
                    No he doesn't.

All promotional material (previews/posters etc) have Ford and Gosling as the main billed actors and rightly so.

Even then you have Robin Wright and Jared Leto billed before Batista.
                    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1856101/fullcredits/

IDK...IMDB may have a strange way of listing credits but he's under Ryan Gosling.
                    Last edited by jaded; 10-03-2017, 03:34 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Phenom View Post
                      Steve Austin did a couple of decent flicks but he only plays a racist redneck
                      To be fair, Stone Cold is just doing what Brad Pitt and Denzel always do, playing himself.

Comment

Working...
                      X