No announcement yet.

Carl Froch vs. Glen Johnson: Official Poll

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Walt Liquor View Post
    ok, now, does chad dawson fight anything like carl froch?
    it's not like glen can only lose to one type of style
    froch can move, can trade, is heavy handed and will more than likely be more active than johnson

Comment

Originally posted by tehMatrix View Post
      froch can move, can trade, is heavy handed and will more than likely be more active than johnson
      What I am thinking is can he move fast enough to get away when he needs to? Can he really trade with Johnson and win the exchanges? Johnson himself isn't a low output guy so Froch may not be more active than him.

Comment

Originally posted by 1believer View Post
        ummm, chad dawson? But i dont see what that has to do with it, im looking at the styles of of the fighters and how they match up, and i think Froch has the style to beat him. If you think otherwise then i'd like to hear the reasons
        right, what about froch's style makes you think he can easily beat glen johnson? Is it the boxing ability he showed against Abe? Last I checked, Froch doesn't exactly box the ears off pressure fighters. He went to war with Kessler, who throws a 1-2 like Glen Johnson and Kessler isn't nearly the pressure fighter that Johnson is, PLUS Johnson's coming down from LHW.

Froch didn't throw a lot vs Jermaine and Dirrel and won those fights. If he doesn't let his hands go against Glen, its a guaranteed L and Froch doesn't box well enough to have an easy night with glen. If Tarver, Roy, Cloud, and Dawson x 1 didn't have an easy night with Glen, how the FUK is Froch gonna have an easy night.

Froch has to come forward against Glen because he backs straight up a lot, and Glen will be trying to push him back all night. Road Warrior can cut off a ring better than anyone on Froch's resume, so that little side to side that Froch exhibited against a stationary and no punch throwing Abe ain't gonna work.

Comment

Originally posted by tehMatrix View Post
          look, read my other post.

I'm not making a prediction right now, I just know for sure that Froch ain't having an easy night.

glen can only lose eay to one type of style, and yes it is like that.

Comment

Originally posted by Spray_resistant View Post
            What I am thinking is can he move fast enough to get away when he needs to? Can he really trade with Johnson and win the exchanges? Johnson himself isn't a low output guy so Froch may not be more active than him.
            i see froch on the retreat this fight, when someone is pressuring him he usually is on the back foot, with the exchanges it's like this, glen only really lets his hands go when on the inside, or when you're hurt nowadays, outside it's just jab, jab, jab-right hand, simple, but hard to avoid when you like to keep your jab hand down like roy jones, chad dawson, allan green and carl froch

but glen is old now, i thought before he'd win cuz his right hand would land more than not, but after watching the green and cloud fight carefully his workrate has dropped considerably, he's a little too conservative with his right hands now adays and tho he might land some good right hands unless he can keep a high tempo it wont be enough to hurt froch or really win the rounds, froch will put it on glenn with his uppercuts and esspecially the left hook lead followed by the straight right and vice versa and win the rounds

prime glen would mess up froch tho

Comment

right, what about froch's style makes you think he can easily beat glen johnson? Is it the boxing ability he showed against Abe? Last I checked, Froch doesn't exactly box the ears off pressure fighters. He went to war with Kessler, who throws a 1-2 like Glen Johnson and Kessler isn't nearly the pressure fighter that Johnson is, PLUS Johnson's coming down from LHW.

Froch didn't throw a lot vs Jermaine and Dirrel and won those fights. If he doesn't let his hands go against Glen, its a guaranteed L and Froch doesn't box well enough to have an easy night with glen. If Tarver, Roy, Cloud, and Dawson x 1 didn't have an easy night with Glen, how the FUK is Froch gonna have an easy night.

Froch has to come forward against Glen because he backs straight up a lot, and Glen will be trying to push him back all night. Road Warrior can cut off a ring better than anyone on Froch's resume, so that little side to side that Froch exhibited against a stationary and no punch throwing Abe ain't gonna work.
              Of course its not his boxing ability which will win him the fight. Its the fact that Johnson will come straight at him and Froch will get off his shots first and out brawl him, which is what Froch does best he will be landing bombs (Glen isn't that hard to hit). You say he didn't throw many against Dirrell and Taylor but Glen does not posses the movement like those two. I just don't see Glen being as effective against a guy like Froch. It may not turn out to be as easy as im thinking right now, but i can't picture Glen beating him at all.

Comment

kessler doesn't throw a 1 two like glenn, glenn's right hand is more straight, kessler looped it when he went to the head, and also kessler was throwing alot of combo hook sequences starting downstairs making its way upstairs, which glen just doesn't do, not to mention really working(i mean really working) froch's body with the one-two's through out the whole fight, i think kessler also hits harder than johnson
                and in that fight kessler was a better pressure fighter than glenn has been as of late

johnson vs tarver, roy and dawson 1 was a different johnson than now

and i dunno walt, froch always seems to be moving to his left along the ropes to me
                and he should good movement from the right hand against arthur

Comment

I got froch by UD or late stoppage. Johnson was rocked several times in his fight with Cloud and Cloud ain't even that good imo.

Comment

Originally posted by 1believer View Post
                    Of course its not his boxing ability which will win him the fight. Its the fact that Johnson will come straight at him and Froch will get off his shots first and out brawl him, which is what Froch does best he will be landing bombs (Glen isn't that hard to hit). You say he didn't throw many against Dirrell and Taylor but Glen does not posses the movement like those two. I just don't see Glen being as effective against a guy like Froch. It may not turn out to be as easy as im thinking right now, but i can't picture Glen beating him at all.

the last way to have an easy fight with the Road Warrior is to try to outbrawl him. Again, I'm not saying Froch won't win, I'm not predicting anything yet. Froch might get off first sometimes but Glen keeps coming, and Froch isn't quick enough to get out before glen lands his own, IMO. Froch isn't all that hard to hit and if he can't outbrawl Kessler, he probably won't have an easy time outbrawling a LHW like The Road Warrior.

Comment

Froch UD. If Cloud couldn't stop Johnson, neither will Froch.

No matter what he does Johnson's not winning the decision at 41yo so he gotta knock the cobra out which is unlikely.

Comment

Working...
                      X