Collapse
No announcement yet.

Calzaghe-Kessler: Who's Your Pick?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Calzaghe was considered by far and away the #1 super-middleweight after the Eubank fight and forever since. This guy Kessler, I mean he hasn't even been on TV yet.

It's a joke.

Comment

Originally posted by Dimebar View Post
      This is ludicrous.
      Nobody gives a **** about Kessler in the US or UK.
      Thats incorrect, everyone i talk to about boxing keeps asking me why joe is dodging kessler. Kessler has two belts calzaghe can get??? So, why hasn't he fought him? And kessler has won like 38 or 39 fights and is undefeated... If Calzaghe beat him, he'd be hitting legendary status just to beat someone who is younger and in their prime and has alot of wins.
      Last edited by EliteSoldier; 04-19-2007, 04:50 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by EliteSoldier View Post
        Thats incorrect, everyone i talk to about boxing keeps asking me why joe is dodging kessler.
        Because they are desperate for Joe to get his ass beat. They so hope Kessler can beat Joe. So the Americans wont have to.
        But i think Joe should consider getting those belts to be undisputed. And then finish his career with an American name.

Comment

Originally posted by hugh grant View Post
          Everyone knows Kessler is good now. But Joe has been champ for 10 years and Kessler has been champ for a couple of years u say..but has only been known for about 7 months.
          Joe has proved he is the best at 168 for 8 of those 10 years but Kessler just so happens to come onto the scene. Joe can fight who he wants anyway. If he beats JT, Wright people will hardly penalize him for not haven fought Kessler. PBF can jump weights and not box people so it aint harmed him.
          Why is it so important who British fight for you anyway? Why does it concern u so much?
          Calzaghe wasn't considered the best in his division until he beat Lacy last year. At the time Calzaghe fought Lacy, Calzaghe was ranked #1 and Lacy #3 with Kessler at #2. It took about 9 years for Calzaghe to fight another champion at 168. Kessler did it in just his third title defense. Calzaghe has the RING title, but he's not undisputed because many people feel Kessler is a big threat to him...

Comment

I believe that this would be a dominant performance by Calzaghe. Not quite as dominant as over Lacy but I think Joe would confuse Kessler with slappy flurries and win the majority of the rounds. Not really seen Kessler's chin tested yet so I couldn't say whether it would be a stoppage.

Comment

Originally posted by $iN View Post
              Calzaghe wasn't considered the best in his division until he beat Lacy last year. At the time Calzaghe fought Lacy, Calzaghe was ranked #1 and Lacy #3 with Kessler at #2. It took about 9 years for Calzaghe to fight another champion at 168. Kessler did it in just his third title defense. Calzaghe has the RING title, but he's not undisputed because many people feel Kessler is a big threat to him...
              Oh **** off, Calzaghe has always been considered by far the best in his division.

Comment

At the end of the day this Kessler guy has never fought anyone and is not deserving of a shot at Joe until he ****ing fights someone.

Comment

I'd bet my house on Calzaghe beating Kessler.

Comment

Manny Siaca and Markus Beyer were the two worst titlists in boxing, and Kessler is (pretty much officially) the most padded fighter in boxing history.

This is a waste of time.

Comment

Originally posted by Dimebar View Post
                      Oh **** off, Calzaghe has always been considered by far the best in his division.
                      That must be why he was a huge underdog to Jeff Lacy...

Comment

Working...
                      X