Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Pacquiao: No Exhibition Fights For Me, It's Not Good For Fans

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Laligalaliga View Post
    I always think pac was right too.
    May shouldn't have KOed tenshin. He should have gone all three rounds to entertain the fans.

Maybe Floyd was actually curious of an upset to avoid tainting his 0.
    Aside that, I see no reason why he should finish the guy off in 2minutes.
    Yeah it was a bull shlt bully move. Money Mayweather hasn't done that to anybody else it's always defense first

Comment

Originally posted by archiemoore1 View Post
      U have to admire that about pac man. He only fights real boxers, no alternative match bs. And he fights highly ranked boxers who are not past their prime, coming off a loss, etc. Even though he's a hypocritical, fake ass christian, dog eating, big pumpkin head mofo.
      who's to say Pacquiao would have turned down a 100 million dollar pay cheque to fight connor?

Comment

Originally posted by Lopez_Boxing View Post
        Yeah it was a bull shlt bully move. Money Mayweather hasn't done that to anybody else it's always defense first
        Hahaha... you are right.
        It was easy money for Floyd.

Comment

These are the times when Pacquiao sounds like a bonafide self righteous dweeb! If he was the one PURSUED to get an EASY NINE MIL to help replenish that tax money he owed - he'd reply with an emphatic NO because its "not good for the fans?!?!" Could he be talking about the "knowledgeable" fans in Japan that think Tenshin really stood a chance? Or could it be the Filipino fans that couldve/wouldve benefitted from some of that NINE MIL funds? Maybe he's talking about the Mayweather fans he'd like to impress, to show them he's "better" than their boy who'd do "anything" for money?? Pacquiao would take that payday faster than a HUNGRY Buboy would eat a snack.... Pacquiao wasn't asked or given the opportunity for that payday, so he can play that self-righteous role for now. He and Oscar wanted Conor McGregor AFTER Floyd demolished him, so I guess thats different and GOOD enough for the fans......

Comment

Ohhhh my apologies. Then in that case he is right 100%
            Tenshin took it seriously and said he was taking it seriously.....he couldve spoke to Floyd privately (with the respectable demeanor that he portrayed during the short buildup) and said, "remember sir, this is an exhibition, no need to go hard."...... Floyd is an above average "professional" with a whole lotta pride; this boys team invited him over and wanted very much to ignore who he was and beat up on the old retired fighter - for ratings. Floyd had every right to give him a spanking

Comment

Originally posted by lion33lit View Post
              Tenshin took it seriously and said he was taking it seriously.....he couldve spoke to Floyd privately (with the respectable demeanor that he portrayed during the short buildup) and said, "remember sir, this is an exhibition, no need to go hard."...... Floyd is an above average "professional" with a whole lotta pride; this boys team invited him over and wanted very much to ignore who he was and beat up on the old retired fighter - for ratings. Floyd had every right to give him a spanking
              Kinda but Floyd hasn't applied that to anyone else at 147 so it kinda makes it a bully move. In my opinion. An I'm on record of being a huge supporter of Floyd in the ring. He's a legend. But he could have toyed with him if that's the case. He didnt go for the kill when he had cotto staggered

Comment

Kinda but Floyd hasn't applied that to anyone else at 147 so it kinda makes it a bully move. In my opinion. An I'm on record of being a huge supporter of Floyd in the ring. He's a legend. But he could have toyed with him if that's the case. He didnt go for the kill when he had cotto staggered
                Floyd is/was retired. He's wasnt looking to take on any of the elite 147lbers, because he can't. He was requested & invited. Mayweather initially rebuffed Team-Tenshins offer due to the fact they were promoting it as a real fight. They reached out to him (when he went back home) and said that that wasnt the case, so the fight was back on.....

Tenshin couldnt hide the fact he wanted it to be "real." Mayweather picked up on that and wasnt about to make this quick little fleet footed boy - fly in and out with pitter pat flurries - circling him for three rounds - while a bias crowd ROARED in delight. You can't "toy" with that without looking inept and OLD (for Youtube to keep the EMBARRASSING memories). Mayweather was determined to squash the mosquito, and rightly so! The kid cried like he lost a relative.....I thought it was supposed to be a harmless exhibition?

Mayweather couldnt have gone for the "kill" against Cotto because he was just as tired as Cotto. He did more work than Cotto. "Knowing" what Mayweather could have done in ANY of his fights is neither here nor there, he was never a killer knockout artist. And Cotto was always tough! Its only Margacheato that gave the impression that Cotto could probably be "kill"ed by Mayweather.....which I never thought could be the case....

Comment

Originally posted by lion33lit View Post
                  Floyd is/was retired. He's wasnt looking to take on any of the elite 147lbers, because he can't. He was requested & invited. Mayweather initially rebuffed Team-Tenshins offer due to the fact they were promoting it as a real fight. They reached out to him (when he went back home) and said that that wasnt the case, so the fight was back on.....

Tenshin couldnt hide the fact he wanted it to be "real." Mayweather picked up on that and wasnt about to make this quick little fleet footed boy - fly in and out with pitter pat flurries - circling him for three rounds - while a bias crowd ROARED in delight. You can't "toy" with that without looking inept and OLD (for Youtube to keep the EMBARRASSING memories). Mayweather was determined to squash the mosquito, and rightly so! The kid cried like he lost a relative.....I thought it was supposed to be a harmless exhibition?

Mayweather couldnt have gone for the "kill" against Cotto because he was just as tired as Cotto. He did more work than Cotto. "Knowing" what Mayweather could have done in ANY of his fights is neither here nor there, he was never a killer knockout artist. And Cotto was always tough! Its only Margacheato that gave the impression that Cotto could probably be "kill"ed by Mayweather.....which I never thought could be the case....
                  So you think if everything was the same except tenshin was naturally a 147/154 pounder and had concrete boxing ability Floyd would have done the same thing? High guard walk through him and unload? Your opinion

Comment

So you think if everything was the same except tenshin was naturally a 147/154 pounder and had concrete boxing ability Floyd would have done the same thing? High guard walk through him and unload? Your opinion
                    A natural 154lber? NO way.... A foreign pro 147lber qualified to get in the mix with Thurman, Crawford, Spence, or Porter? for 9 mil without a chance at blemishing his record?! I don't know. The four I mensioned would have to call him out under those circumstances and risk looking desperate to find out....3 rnds is reserved for "amateur" bouts or for "retiree exhibition" matches....Those four are not qualified for exhibition matches, theyre STILL bonafide hard hittin' professionals....

Mayweathers mission at that point in his "retired" career was allowing his "celebrity" to be used in collecting/earning FREE BIG MONEY! Who wouldnt? It had nothing to do with Mayweather supposedly "looking for a little kid" to exploit...The decision for the exhibition made complete sense, because plainly, Team-Tenshin were the ones who were saying, "come and get this money!" Who wouldn't "come and get it"(??).

An idiot wouldnt "come and get it" - for free?? ....This kid could have made the "transfer of money" smooth and easy, instead he wanted to be a killer..lol...Floyd is retired. All this little meeting was supposed to be was FUN FUN FUN! Floyd ended up REFUSING the bout because they were "promoting" it as a "REAL BOUT"...no intensions of Floyd "bullying," just "exhibition" FUN! Why not then just spank the "kid" for spanking sake - for refusing good ole' FUN!...lol....

Comment

Originally posted by iamboxing View Post
                      who's to say Pacquiao would have turned down a 100 million dollar pay cheque to fight connor?
                      He wasn't referring to the Conor fight, Pac referred to the Tenshin fight and said that he shouldn't have KO'ed him.

Comment

Working...
                      X