Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is it okay to drink while I train for the Golden Gloves?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it okay to drink while I train for the Golden Gloves?

I am going to be training 5 times a week and plan on going out once a week on Saturday nights is it fine for me to have about 4 or 5 drinks and how much do you think this will effect my performance and training?

Originally posted by Mayweather41-0 View Post
    I am going to be training 5 times a week and plan on going out once a week on Saturday nights is it fine for me to have about 4 or 5 drinks and how much do you think this will effect my performance and training?
    Only once per week doesn't show a whole lot of commitment on your part. You need to be getting liquored up at least four days per week if you want to have any shot.

Comment

If weight is an issue that's gonna be tough. You won't be able to eat nutritious **** to make up for all the empty calories you consumed through alcohol.

But if weight isn't an issue I guess it should be okay.

Comment

If you're going to party once a week with alcohol, try to make it the night before your rest day. Let's your system clean it out with out stress for a day, as opposed to working out and pumping your muscles full of last nights party.

Comment

yes it is okay to drink,have 4 or five glasses or orange juice,and a couple of glasses water,this will in no way affect your performance and training,you seem to be a very dedicated boxer who follows a strict training regime

Comment

No, you should not drink. I know it sounds all too lame, but having a discipline of at least some sort is what you need in a meet prep./

Comment

I wouldn't do it while in training for the Golden Gloves.

I won Golden Gloves a short time ago, and I won because I knuckled down, went running most mornings, drank nothing (not that i normally drink much) and stayed committed. Fights are won in the gym. Mostly anyway.

Comment

Sorry, but drinking affects your condition. Especially if you're in good shape m8. I've been boxing for quite a while, and I try to stay away from alchohol.
                If you think it might affect your condition, I wouldn't drink cause it could affect you mentally!

Comment

Another reason to avoid it is because if you are out drinking with the boys, it hardly ever stops at 4-5 drinks.

Comment

If you are gonna drink, I'd stop drinking a good 3-4 weeks prior to your fight. I like going out and getting smashed just as much as anyone else, but when I am training for a fight I totally stop drinking all together. Alcohol really dehydrates your body and is also a depressant. While training this is not such a good idea.

Comment

Working...
                    X