Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sacking Mancini would be ludicrous to say the least. Exactly what is it he's done wrong?

Comment

• Originally posted by squealpiggy View Post
      It would be a poor show to sack Mancini especially if he wins the cup again tomorrow. Since taking over he's qualified for the Champ's league, won the FA cup, won the league and finished second with a shot at the FA Cup once more in just four seasons. Compare that to Ferguson's fist four seasons in charge.
      Originally posted by El Fenomeno View Post
      It does look like the deal could be done already.

Will be gutted tbh, especially if we win tomorrow. I do rate Pellegrini though for what it's worth.

Bobby is a City legend whatever happens in my eyes.
      I understand Pellegrini is a fantastic manager and has achieved an awful lot in his career, but he's 60 years old?

Really don't want to see Mancini go either, wonder what will happen to Platt and Kidd? Ferran and Txiki need to start talking, we haven't heard a thing since they've come in.

Comment

• Originally posted by Money_May View Post
        Sacking Mancini would be ludicrous to say the least. Exactly what is it he's done wrong?
        Exactly. Finishing second in the league and winning an FA cup (assumingly,) does not warrant losing your job.

Seems like these new lads from Barcelona who have come in are hell bent on Pellegrini, they tried to get him to Barca a few years ago when he was managing Valencia.

Comment

• I think Mourinho's rep has taken a bit of hit in some people's eyes.

Mourinho probably wins the league with Tottenham given the opportunity!

I don't think Mourinho coming back is cut and dried at all there is a small matter of £10 million to be paid for by the party responsible for break-up at Madrid. Real want him to resign, and Mourinho wants them to sack him.

If does come back though regardless of what City or Man U do, Chelsea will win the league (though I would say that!). Hell would freeze over before a Mourinho team:

1. Lost to QPR at home
          2. Threw away a 2-0 lead to Southampton at home
          3. Threw away a 2-0 lead to Reading away
          4. Drew with QPR away
          5. Lost to West Brom away
          6. Threw away a 2-1 lead deep into the 2nd half against Newastle
          7. Lost 3-1 to West Ham after destroying them in the first half
          8. Lost to Southampton away
          9. Draw 0-0 with Fulham at home

Chelsea would have picked up between 15-20 points from those games. Every team can point to circumstances like this but Mourinho is a special coach and there is no way Mourinho would have overseen ****e results like this.

Man City are still ahead of us. But Rafa Benitez is a fucking terrible manager.

Chelsea can only do better. Title challenge at the very least.
          Last edited by Sparked_26; 05-11-2013, 04:13 AM.

Comment

• If Mourinho comes back to Chelsea he won't win it in the first year,
            Neither will Moyes. I fancied us to do it, but now all this talk of Mancini on his way it leaves us in a similar position to United and Chelsea.

Comment

• If City got Mourinho the Premiership really would be a wrap! And not competitive at all.

Miffed by their aversion to him. The man is the bollocks!

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparked_26 View Post
                If City got Mourinho the Premiership really would be a wrap! And not competitive at all.

Miffed by their aversion to him. The man is the bollocks!
                Mourinho is a great manager but I'm not interested in someone who'll come for 3-4 years MAX then leave.. Clubs need stability.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pretty Boy32 View Post
                  If Mourinho comes back to Chelsea he won't win it in the first year,
                  Neither will Moyes. I fancied us to do it, but now all this talk of Mancini on his way it leaves us in a similar position to United and Chelsea.
                  It's Arsenal's to lose.

Comment

• Lampard does it again, well played to him now he's got the goalscoring record. If Chelsea don't renew his contract then they are crazy.

Comment

• Lets be honest here mourinho is Very overated..

He comes to a ready made chelsea team which made the cl semis the year before. he was up against a man united team in transition.. bringing in ronaldo.. rooney etc and an arsenal side which had already peaked and was dwclining and never recovered..

He NEVER got past the semis despite the open check book..

Mancini built that inter side and they were dominating italian football.. the league was no problem.. they could fully concentrate on the Cl..

Goes to madrid with best player in world and open check book.. his Cl form has been horrible.. 3 semis and out. In the league he struggled because he was up against a team in/just past its prime..

He did well at porto i will give him that.. but then again that year the Cl was god awful.. i think chelsea.. porto.. marsille and deportivo were in the semis

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Working...
                      X