Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Mayweather fights Canelo at 154 would it be for the Ring/Lineal Title?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh absolutely. Canelo won the lineal belt by beating the magnificent Matthew Hatton. So yes, clearly this would be a lineal championship on the line here folks!

Comment

Originally posted by THE ИATAS View Post
      Oh absolutely. Canelo won the lineal belt by beating the magnificent Matthew Hatton. So yes, clearly this would be a lineal championship on the line here folks!

The logic being used is Mayweather is #1 by The Ring and Canelo is #3 so they would fight for the Lineage. Of course, they won't be.

But, they will most likely fight for The Ring Title, sadly.

Comment

Yes, but it won't happen. I think Alvarez may fight Kirkland this December, if he's indeed in the mix. Than, he'll fight Cotto in May probably (if Cotto beats Trout) for the Lineal title. Floyd will be removed from the rankings by May 2013 most likely, because he'll either not fight by then or will fight at 147 probably.

Comment

Can Martinez still be called the 154lb lineal champion? Probably not lol.
          But nobody at the division right now deserves that label.

Comment

Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post
            I predict that before the year 2014 is up, something is gonna happen where it'll be made obvious that he can't make 154 anymore. Either he'll fail to make weight, or he's gonna look drained as hell at 154. It's bullshit when he says that he plans to stay at 154 for a long time, I don't buy it. They're just waiting for that perfect opportunity.
            I can see this happening as well.....

Comment

who was the last lineal champ at 154? winky? for some reason, most fighters view 154 as a stopover weight class. we'll see how it goes because this is proibably the hottest its been in decades.

Comment

By 2014, Canelo will go to MW to fight Quillin probably.

Comment

Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
                  By 2014, Canelo will go to MW to fight Quillin probably.
                  Or a past-prime/potentially faded Sergio Martinez. Like I said, they are waiting for the perfect opportunity. Putting him in there with a shot-to-pieces Mosley told me all I needed to know about how GBP plans to build Canelo up. Why Kid Chocolate? random as hell if you ask me, and he's not even WBC. I know he's ranked by them though, and he has Haymon by his side, but it's such an odd guy to go after tbh.
                  Last edited by kiaba360; 09-18-2012, 07:11 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post
                    Or a past-prime/potentially faded Sergio Martinez. Like I said, they are waiting for the perfect opportunity. Putting him in there with a shot-to-pieces Mosley told me all I needed to know about how GBP plans to build Canelo up. Why Kid Chocolate? random as hell if you ask me, and he's not even WBC. I know he's ranked by them though, but it's such an odd guy to go after tbh.
                    Because he's Golden Boy, and he'll be a top MW.

Here's how I see this all playing out for Canelo, if I had to guess.

He'll fight Kirkland possibly this December, or Quintana. He'll then fight Cotto in May, if Cotto beats Trout. If he beats Cotto, he'll fight Mayweather later in the year and lose probably. In 2013, I could see him staying at 154 against possibly Berto, Angulo, or others like that.

Than by 2014, he'll move up to MW and fight someone like Quillin. By that time, Sergio will be on his way out possibly, and than Canelo may fight him.

That'd be my absolute best guess.

Comment

Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
                      Because he's Golden Boy, and he'll be a top MW.

Here's how I see this all playing out for Canelo, if I had to guess.

He'll fight Kirkland possibly this December, or Quintana. He'll then fight Cotto in May, if Cotto beats Trout. If he beats Cotto, he'll fight Mayweather later in the year and lose probably. In 2013, I could see him staying at 154 against possibly Berto, Angulo, or others like that.

Than by 2014, he'll move up to MW and fight someone like Quillin. By that time, Sergio will be on his way out possibly, and than Canelo may fight him.

That'd be my absolute best guess.
                      Do you think he would fight Trout if Cotto loses? You also forgot Lara/Vanes, which is supposed to be the final eliminator. Do you see WBC enforcing it ASAP, maybe Canelo would fight the mandatory in May instead of Trout.

Comment

Working...
                      X