Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

(SERIOUS) To any fellow Black posters have you ever thought about visting Africa??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [PLEASE HELP] (SERIOUS) To any fellow Black posters have you ever thought about visting Africa??

Im asking because Id love to just a spend summer there learning the history, tasting the food, going to museums, going on Safari tours, helping out with aid etc.

Its always something I wanted to do.

I am part black on my father's side.My great grandmother was a Jamaican Maroon descended from the Ashanti tribe. At one point I know I will visit Africa and look into the Ashanti tribe. I have read up on the tribe but know a lot of the African history we are told is garbage.

Comment

Do you have to be black to visit Africa?

Comment

Originally posted by Perro View Post
        Do you have to be black to visit Africa?
        No but the question asked also asked has any black people ever wanted to visit. I wanted to know the reasons.

Feel free to give your account but I wanted to know mainly from black posters,

Comment

If you do go, Namibia is probably the safest country to visit in southern Africa.

Modern South Africa (the country) is riddled with crime.

Comment

Why does it have to be fellow black members only?

Last year my friend went to zimbabwe and Kenya for a couple months and said that africans do not relate to her and overall blacks from America. She said they were nothing alike and the only skin color was the only thing that the 2 had in common.

She said while it was enlightening experience, she was disappointed that she was unable to find any connection to africa being a black women

Comment

Originally posted by Cigarillo View Post
              Im asking because Id love to just a spend summer there learning the history, tasting the food, going to museums, going on Safari tours, helping out with aid etc.

Is your interest in Africa in general or where your descendents came from? Do you know which tribe/tribes you are descended from?

Comment

Originally posted by Isaac Hunt View Post
                Is your interest in Africa in general or where your descendents came from? Do you know which tribe/tribes you are descended from?
                More so where they came from and I dont know but thats something Id like to know and research.

Comment

Please feel free to visit Zimbabwe, Sudan, Somalia, Nigeria, Kenya, or Botswana.

Comment

More so where they came from and I dont know but thats something Id like to know and research.
                    ,[/PHP]
                    If you are descended from American slaves they will be West Coast African most likely from Sierra Leone or Ghana or Nigeria.

Comment

Working...
                    X