Froch Johnson to be shown on Sky

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Froch Johnson to be shown on Sky

From the Sky Sports Boxing page

Carl Froch returns to Sky Sports on the 4th of June to defend his WBC Super Middleweight title against Glencoffe Johnson.

Froch will fight on Sky Sports for the first time since he entered the Super Six World Boxing Classic in 2009 winning widespread acclaim and admiration.

He has taken on and beaten some of the hardest opposition in his division, including wins over Andre Dirrell, Jermain Taylor, and most recently Arthur Abraham.

The clash between Froch and Johnson at the Boardwalk Hall in Atlantic City is also the first semi-final in the Super Six series. Victory over Johnson means Froch will face the winner of the other semi-final between Andre Ward and Arthur Abraham in the Super Six World Boxing Classic Final at Madison Square Gardens early in 2012.

"I'm delighted to be bringing my marquee fights to Sky Sports in glorious HD," said Froch.

"Kessler and I put on the best fight so far, and my last outing against the big-punching Arthur Abraham was probably the best individual performance too. To shine in such a world class tournament shows my pedigree.

"Glencoffe Johnson is a tough, experienced operator who has shared the ring with Dawson, Hopkins, Tarver and knocked out a young Roy Jones. I'm going to run straight through him and book my spot in the final then grab that Super Six trophy with both gloves and bring it back to Great Britain.

"You're about to see the 'Cobra' in full swing and I can't wait. Sky Sports viewers are in for a treat!"

Speaking about the fight against Johnson, Sky Sports boxing commentator Jim Watt said: "Carl Froch is the fighter's fighter, I'm delighted that he is back on Sky Sports.

"The contest between him and Johnson is a great match-up, Johnson seems to be able to go on forever but Froch showed in his last fight against Abraham that he no longer has to rely on his toughness to get through, he used his skills and experience and everything came together for him.

"His toughness is suited to the Super Six series where there are hard fights and great fights and he is the one boxer whose performances have got better and better through it. He has a great chance of coming top overall."

bout time, its discrimination against nottingham people as to why hes not shown on the masin tv networks...

Comment

Originally posted by slimshandy69 View Post
      bout time, its discrimination against nottingham people as to why hes not shown on the masin tv networks...
      haha I don't think it was regionalism and where he is from. It was purely down to a piss poor promoter. Switches to Matchroom and within a week or so his fight is on SKy, and Barry /Eddie have been clever not trying to go for PPV build Carls profile, let the non hardcore fans see him and learn to love him and then try and earn a big PPV pay day off the back of the exposure

Comment

About ****in time the Cobra hit Sky and the UK can see how its done! Not that he is in for a nice time with The Road Warrior! I like Froch on the cards tho

Think this makes Henessey look pretty ****in bad, Carls been with Eddie and Barry for like a week and he is back on Sky lol

Adam Smith has probably been making a real effort to get Carl tho, he's a good guy and im glad he is running the show there

Comment

im glad he is on sky.love watchin him fight.all action all d time

Comment

Froch deserves to make a lot of money in his last few fights.

Froch deserves to be on sky at the very least.

Comment

Originally posted by The Surgeon View Post
              About ****in time the Cobra hit Sky and the UK can see how its done! Not that he is in for a nice time with The Road Warrior! I like Froch on the cards tho

Think this makes Henessey look pretty ****in bad, Carls been with Eddie and Barry for like a week and he is back on Sky lol

Adam Smith has probably been making a real effort to get Carl tho, he's a good guy and im glad he is running the show there
              you've really got to wonder what he has been doing since Carl won the title first time around. This was at a time before Haye was big news in the Heavyweights and before Khan had his world title. If you've got the only British world champion on your books and you can't get him on a major TV network that's pretty worrying, although from what I heard Hennessey let himself down trying to insist on PPV for the Taylor fight which wound up with that online PPV stream. Had they stuck with ITV I dare say we'd have had a heavily promoted Froch in the Super Six and the fight vs Abraham would have been hyped to hell on a sky PPV billing.

Comment

Originally posted by ding-ding View Post
                you've really got to wonder what he has been doing since Carl won the title first time around.
                Fuk all i would imagine and he is starting to fuk Fury's future fights as well.

Comment

Working...
                X