No announcement yet.

Did SRR have...?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did SRR have...?

any problems after he retired? Like mental problems from punishment he took in the ring or anything like that?

yes, he suffered from dementia pugilistica...

unrelated fact that I learned about SRR recently was that he was also a diabetic

Comment

SRR suffered from dementia, i read in his autobiography many years ago that he used to often drink "Bulls Blood" imagine doing that today and the dangers of it ( i am vegetarian by the way)

Comment

Originally posted by El Cabron View Post
        yes, he suffered from dementia pugilistica...

unrelated fact that I learned about SRR recently was that he was also a diabetic
        Wow. Did he take insulin? Must have been hard making weight. I think his biggest problems after his retirement was the fact that he blew most of his money. I thought he only got DP when he was really old but I could be wrong

Comment

He was pretty punchy and had all the dementia problems etc

Comment

Originally posted by sonnyboyx2 View Post
            SRR suffered from dementia, i read in his autobiography many years ago that he used to often drink "Bulls Blood" imagine doing that today and the dangers of it ( i am vegetarian by the way)
            What Dangers?

Comment

Damn, that's scary. Does that scary any of the boxers today? Or even some of you out there>

Comment

I saw a documentary about him and I think he was affected with dementia pugilistica.

But he had like 200 fights so that probably explains why.

Comment

Working...
                X