Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What does it mean when I pull my tricep muscles when doing pushups?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What does it mean when I pull my tricep muscles when doing pushups?

I pulled them both when I was using the perfect-pushup, I don't want to blame it on perfect pushup though because this is the first time this has ever happened while using them. I do want to say if any of you ever pulled the tricep muscle I have to say it was painful and weird feeling not extremely painful but its hard to describe. all I know is that I couldn't have my arms straight for awhile or it would give me a weird kind of pain in my tricep region.

Originally posted by CastorTroy View Post
    I pulled them both when I was using the perfect-pushup, I don't want to blame it on perfect pushup though because this is the first time this has ever happened while using them. I do want to say if any of you ever pulled the tricep muscle I have to say it was painful and weird feeling not extremely painful but its hard to describe. all I know is that I couldn't have my arms straight for awhile or it would give me a weird kind of pain in my tricep region.
    It means you're doing too many ****ing pushups.

Comment

sounds like you might have been too tight, or overuse like Adozen said.

How long were u out for? if it setlles down after a week, u wouldn't have done too much damage.

Comment

Originally posted by drh View Post
        sounds like you might have been too tight, or overuse like Adozen said.

How long were u out for? if it setlles down after a week, u wouldn't have done too much damage.
        it was fine, an hour or so later and it was back to normal. Hell, I did more pushups the next day.

Comment

The term "charley horse" is also used to describe simple painful muscle cramps in the leg or foot, especially those that follow strenuous exercise.[4][5][6] These muscle cramps can have many possible causes including hormonal imbalances, dehydration, low levels of potassium or calcium in the blood, side effects of medication, or more seriously, diseases such as amyotrophic lateral sclerosis and neuropathy.[7] They are also a common complaint during pregnancy.

Comment

Just give it a rest and stop push ups for a week, it should be fine.

After that, maybe try not to do high volume push ups on continuous days back to back. Give like 2 days in between for recovery if you are planning to go "balls to the wall" every workout

stay strong

Comment

Originally posted by CastorTroy View Post
              it was fine, an hour or so later and it was back to normal. Hell, I did more pushups the next day.
              That doesn't help. Like Pecs said, you shouldn't be over doing it every single day. Your muscles need time to heal, or you will injure yourself.

Patience.

Comment

Working...
              X