Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who's the better jr middleweight, Pacman or Trout??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who's the better jr middleweight, Pacman or Trout??

I mean seriously. I'm not understanding most fans line of thinking anymore. I mean as of right now I don't see how anyone can think that Pacman is a better 154lber than Trout.

But the majority of fans say that Pacman can beat Cotto at 154, but Trout can't. I'm lost somewhere in there. Pacman is getting older, his stamina is leaving, hell even his power has evaporated. He won't fight Cotto without a catchweight.

But still people believe he would have beaten Cotto at 154, but yet somehow believe that Trout cannot. Even though Trout is bigger, fast, strong & young. I just don't see how people are still drinking that Pacman koolaid like that. Pacman couldn't even beat a fat, bloated Marquez or ko a Bradley that Kendall Holt put down healthy. Weird to me.
    Pacman
    20.83%
    Trout.
    79.17%

well, pac is not a jr mw so if you had some common sense, you would'nt be asking this...

but pac is the more dangerous fight than trout at anyweight..thats why cotto chose trout!...which is ok by me since he has no chance againts pacman at all
    Last edited by danceswithfire; 09-12-2012, 12:22 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
      I mean seriously. I'm not understanding most fans line of thinking anymore. I mean as of right now I don't see how anyone can think that Pacman is a better 154lber than Trout.

But the majority of fans say that Pacman can beat Cotto at 154, but Trout can't. I'm lost somewhere in there. Pacman is getting older, his stamina is leaving, hell even his power has evaporated. He won't fight Cotto without a catchweight.

But still people believe he would have beaten Cotto at 154, but yet somehow believe that Trout cannot. Even though Trout is bigger, fast, strong & young. I just don't see how people are still drinking that Pacman koolaid like that. Pacman couldn't even beat a fat, bloated Marquez or ko a Bradley that Kendall Holt put down healthy. Weird to me.
      Manny has never fought at 154. He is way better than Trout at 150.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Dunn View Post
        Manny has never fought at 154. He is way better than Trout at 150.
        This.

Comment

Trout, Manny hasn't even fought at Jr Middleweight.

Comment

pacquiao isn't a junior middleweight for starters. as for the bold, you're arguing that if Pacquiao is expected (by whomever) to beat Cotto those same people should automatically assume Trout does the same thing? Well, I still consider myself new to boxing (7-8 years isn't exactly much factoring the history of the sport) but even I can tell you, styles make fights, as do gameplans. And that opinion (their opinion) is as valid as the bolded statement you just made (assuming the physical aspects of Trout are what should set the two men apart)...you see where I'm going with this?

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingScenery View Post
              pacquiao isn't a junior middleweight for starters. as for the bold, you're arguing that if Pacquiao is expected (by whomever) to beat Cotto those same people should automatically assume Trout does the same thing? Well, I still consider myself new to boxing (7-8 years isn't exactly much factoring the history of the sport) but even I can tell you, styles make fights, as do gameplans. And that opinion (their opinion) is as valid as the bolded statement you just made (assuming the physical aspects of Trout are what should set the two men apart)...you see where I'm going with this?
              Styles do make fights, but is Pacman the same fighter he was when he beat Cotto??

Comment

haven't seen pac fight above 150...but i'm sure even a bloated 150+ pac would pose more problems for cotto than trout.

Comment

Trout easily....Manny can't hang

Comment

Styles do make fights, but is Pacman the same fighter he was when he beat Cotto??
                    I get the feeling we'll just agree to disagree and that's usually the case, but before I go - I get the feeling you're dead set on it being a one sided puzzle that you're not factoring in all the angles. Maybe, just maybe it isn't so much about Trout's ability or Pac's at 154 as it is about Cotto. I recall many people thinking Pacquiao's assumed greater size and experience and Marquez's age will allow him to finally beat Marquez in their 3rd bout...I was a realist back then, and not much has changed. I just don't think it'll be as easy as you might want to believe just because Pacquiao has slowed down and Cotto is a lot bigger this time. A fl*mo (ironically) once told me that fighters don't get better with losses - although I still partly disagree with this logic, I do realize and willingly accept that Pacquiao did it once, exploited Cotto's mistakes and I can't not believe he won't do it again, just because the world is telling me Cotto is a renewed fighter. Boxing is a beautiful sport in its unpredictability, and this hypothetical bout is a drastic change (of 9 pounds) for a fighter who's been a career featherweight...again, I'm being realistic, I'm rather undecided about this fight, but I'm nowhere near counting Pacquiao out of repeating something he's already done.

Comment

Working...
                    X