Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did Green knock Roy down from a legal punch or the back of the head?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It was very clearly on the side of the head imo.

Comment

Side / back of the head, but still a legal shot. At the time it is thrown it is temple-bound, but RJJ turns his head. If it's hit the back of his head, it is the fault of Jones, not Green.

A bit unlucky for Roy there, it's an awkward shot and probably being so early in the fight it's caught him a bit cold. Then a weak stoppage as well. Still, time to call it a day. A younger RJJ doesn't stand there to be hit like that. He had no foot movement whatsoever.
      Last edited by charlieg; 12-02-2009, 07:06 PM.

Comment

go to 00:13 sec of the vid. it's kind of hard to tell. Roy was the one who turned his head.

Comment

It was a clean punch.

He hit Roy around the ear area of Roy's head.

Comment

Originally posted by Freddy Krueger View Post
            What do you say? It looked like the back of the head to me... With Greens ****ty accuracy he hit Roy on the back of the head, fighters normally get Dq'd for punches like that. Or am I blind?
            looked like he hit him on the medula

Comment

Accept the fact Roy is finished and got KOd in Runde 1.

Comment

I guess 7 ppl are blind and 15 aren't...

Comment

thats not an illegal punch.

Comment

I feel bad to see Roy go out this way..but its clear he got hit with the Thunder from Down Under. lol

Comment

I made a thread like this earlier. Green hit Roy in the back of the head imo. Roy did not turn, he simply put his gloves up and ducked. Green threw the punch to the rear of Roy's head(whether it was intentional or not). ANYone, past prime or not, can go down from a punch to the back of the head.

Comment

Working...
                      X