No announcement yet.

Luevano: " I'll Beat Nicky Cook in London"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Luevano: " I'll Beat Nicky Cook in London"

WBO #1 rated featherweight Steven Luevano of LaPuente, Calif. said he will "fight my fight" which will include counter-punching and "using my brain" to conquor unbeaten WBO #2 rated Nicky Cook at the O2 Arena in London on Saturday, July 14. [details]

nicky cook will have him for breakfast come 14th july.

Comment

Haven't seen Luevano but I hear he is a pretty decent boxer. I'm bit worried that Cook could be outboxed here, bit overated if you ask me. He has plenty of heart though so you never know.

Comment

Whats cook's style?

Luevano has decent skills, counter punching style.Hes not elite level though, at all.

Luevano is screwed though, if theyre fighting in London.

Comment

Cook is a brawler but does have some nice boxing skills. He's a good body puncher and also has a pretty mean left hook. But I would put him on the level below world class. The figth is in London but Leuvano will only get screwed if he comes here and does'nt get into the fight. The uk isn't like Germany, granted many of the close rounds go to the hometown fighter but if you can come here and impose yourself you will get the decision.

Comment

I said that screwed bit knowing a little about luevano, ive seen 3 or 4 of his fights, including his loss.

Close rounds will definetly go to Cook, and I expect Luevano to have lots of close rounds in this fight, Id give him a shot at a close decision if the territory was a little more neutral. Luevano isnt really the imposing type.

and lay off ze germans.

Comment

Ze germans cannot be trusted! I hope nobody gets a rough decison in this fight. Im actually quite interested to see how the counter puncher deals with the brawler, could make for a good fight.

Comment

I would go for a Cook decision on this one, he certainly has got a easier option after Harrison's problems (fighting styles). Looking forward to seeing this bill, Cook could be the next Hatton.

Comment

the british do call it more fairly then the germanz

Comment

cook already down in the 2nd

Comment

Working...
                    X