Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What will be the most significant discovery/finding/achievement in next 100 years?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What will be the most significant discovery/finding/achievement in next 100 years?

What field will it be in, and more specifically, what do you think it will entail?

Space exploration?

Understanding, and utilization of nuclear fusion?

Replacing fossil fuels with a new energy source to run our countries? Ideally a clean-burning, renewable source.

Medicine - cures for cancer, aids. . . engineering bio-mechanical organs, cells, etc. that essentially can extend our life expectancies indefinitely?

Some form of philosophical understanding to promote mass collective consciousness/enlightenment?

Personally, I think it will be replacing our fossil fuels with a renewable energy source. I mean, this is something that has to happen. . . I think around 2030 we'll begin the process of gradually replacing everything with some sort of new energy source. It won't just happen overnight, but gradually we'll replace our planes, ships, cars, etc. to being powered by a new energy source.

Some electronic gadget.

At least that's what most people will care the most about.

Comment

Originally posted by UglyPug View Post
      What field will it be in, and more specifically, what do you think it will entail?

Space exploration?

Understanding, and utilization of nuclear fusion?

Replacing fossil fuels with a new energy source to run our countries? Ideally a clean-burning, renewable source.

Medicine - cures for cancer, aids. . . engineering bio-mechanical organs, cells, etc. that essentially can extend our life expectancies indefinitely?

Some form of philosophical understanding to promote mass collective consciousness/enlightenment?

Personally, I think it will be replacing our fossil fuels with a renewable energy source. I mean, this is something that has to happen. . . I think around 2030 we'll begin the process of gradually replacing everything with some sort of new energy source. It won't just happen overnight, but gradually we'll replace our planes, ships, cars, etc. to being powered by a new energy source.
      We already have the technology to replace fossil fuels we just don't invest in them because oil companies are in it till the **** runs out.

I think it's going to be most likely in medicine. I read a lot about different advances in genetics and medicine in general and the things we are going to have in 40-50 years is going to blow your mind.

I was reading the other day how genetics are getting so advanced that scientists can see humans being born with the ability to regenerate limbs like some reptiles and amphibians can.

Comment

Humanoid ****bots.

Comment

My stash of p.o.r.n

Comment

Originally posted by Mule Deer View Post
            Some electronic gadget.

At least that's what most people will care the most about.
            Haha right? Iphone 30 - wipes your ass for you.

Comment

A cure for amir khan fanboyism

Comment

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post
                We already have the technology to replace fossil fuels we just don't invest in them because oil companies are in it till the **** runs out.

I think it's going to be most likely in medicine. I read a lot about different advances in genetics and medicine in general and the things we are going to have in 40-50 years is going to blow your mind.

I was reading the other day how genetics are getting so advanced that scientists can see humans being born with the ability to regenerate limbs like some reptiles and amphibians can.
                Yes, I'm pretty sure we could replace oil in the next decade. . Just like they have invented cars that can get 100 MPG, and tires that last for 100k miles, but it would be stupid to release these because profit would not be maximized. . .

That's why I think it will be a gradual transition sometime in the next 20-30 years, lasting about 100 years.

Yeah, the advances in medicine are definitely going to be mind-blowing. . .

I'm really hoping for advances in space exploration, as I'm fascinated by that. We should travel to Mars within our lifetime - probably in about 35 years. Haha, and yes, I really want to make contact with some kind of extraterrestrials! I know, I know. . . Lol. .

Comment

Originally posted by Walt Liquor View Post
                  A cure for amir khan fanboyism
                  And you can Phuck right off Mr. Liqor. . .

Amir KING KHAAAAAAAAAN (and he's knocking 'em out!) AMIR KHAAAAAAAAN (lemme hear ya shout!) will not lose another boxing match for the remainder of his career. . . ONce Garcia nuts up, and rematches him, it'll be a distant memory. Garcia knows he caught his lightening in a bottle, though, which is why he probably will never rematch Khan.

Comment

After Ron Jeremy dies he will donate his mustache to science. Genetics experts will create a super slut using all the dna that they find in the mustache.

Comment

Working...
                    X