Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chad Dawson: "I Settle For Nothing Less Than A KnockOut Of Bernard Hopkins!" (AUDIO)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

been waiting a long time for hopkins to finally fight some equally sized, equally talented comp...not too small guys like pavlik and winky, or cats who just don't have no power like jones and calzaghe, somebody who has some real pop in his mitts like dawson....

hopefully nard doesn't decide to dive on chad dawson's back, and we can have a good fight, and please hopkins diehards, no excuses if nard loses bad...

Comment

Originally posted by edgarg View Post
      Hopkins'"great career" really only began after he moved up in weight to his proper division. I still remember how he wept "crocodile tears" over his mother to whom he made a staunch promise to retire by agr 41. This seems a strange age at which to promise to retire, when in the middle of a lengthy career. It was likely that it was a lie and he never did make such a promise.

I would like to see Dawson win, but I wouldn't like to see Hopkins KO'd. Too drastic for a man of his age who really should be comfortably retired by now. He should be devoting his time to his one share in Golden Balls Promotions with his old pal Oscar, in which company, apart from wearing a suit and tie, and looking like a dressed up gorrilla with glasses, he does exactly........what??
      im trying to figure out what most of you post has to do with hopkins vs dawson :think:

seems you just find random things to critisize hopkins over, some solid hating you got going there.

Comment

Originally posted by djtmal View Post
        been waiting a long time for hopkins to finally fight some equally sized, equally talented comp...not too small guys like pavlik and winky, or cats who just don't have no power like jones and calzaghe, somebody who has some real pop in his mitts like dawson....

hopefully nard doesn't decide to dive on chad dawson's back, and we can have a good fight, and please hopkins diehards, no excuses if nard loses bad...
        jones is a bigger puncher than dawson btw. as washed up as any fighter has ever been and nowhere near world class by the time they rematched. but the on thing he had was power.

hopkins fought some legit challenges in recent years although dawson like i mentioned in my initial post is better than anyone hopkins fought his entire career imo. i look forward to seeing him fight sillakh and ward to decide who will be the face of the sport in the next couple of years.

and hopkins is 47 years old. i dont think thats an excuse its just a fact, its incredible that hes even on this level in the first place. he isnt as good asa he used to be though, again thats not an excuse its just a fact.

Comment

Originally posted by #1Assassin View Post
          jones is a bigger puncher than dawson btw. as washed up as any fighter has ever been and nowhere near world class by the time they rematched. but the on thing he had was power.

hopkins fought some legit challenges in recent years although dawson like i mentioned in my initial post is better than anyone hopkins fought his entire career imo. i look forward to seeing him fight sillakh and ward to decide who will be the face of the sport in the next couple of years.

and hopkins is 47 years old. i dont think thats an excuse its just a fact, its incredible that hes even on this level in the first place. he isnt as good asa he used to be though, again thats not an excuse its just a fact.
          jones used to be a bigger puncher than dawson....one of the big reasons why he wasn't competitive against tarver, johnson, and anybody who ko'd him, is because they just walked through his punches...no snap whatsoever....as far as hopkins being old, as far as his diehards are concerned, that excuse applies when he loses only (calzaghe, taylor, etc.), but never applies when it comes to his wins with pavlik, winky, pascal,
          jones 2, and he sidestepped dawson to fight and beat the legit champ in pascal, so please no excuses if he loses bad here...

Comment

chad isnt KOing hopkins, not gona happen. its possible for him to win, but the only reason will be that hopkins is pushing 50, not cause chad is the better fighter.

Comment

I think Dawson wins easily but Hopkins has enough cheat and tricks in him to avoid a KO. If he feels like he will get hurt he will just find another way out of the fight.

Comment

Originally posted by SpeedKillz View Post
                chad isnt KOing hopkins, not gona happen. its possible for him to win, but the only reason will be that hopkins is pushing 50, not cause chad is the better fighter.
                lol...if its possible for dawson to win, then why is it not possible that he can't win by ko...do tell...while you're at it, please explain why hopkins is a better fighter than dawson, seems to many that he wasn't in a big rush to prove it, especially after dawson had been calling him out for years, and hopkins definitely sidestepped the winner of dawson-johnson 2, to fight pascal...

Comment

The Bernard Hopkins nay sayers in this thread are bitter. It seems like none of you want to give Bhop his just due. I'm guessing he beat your favorite fighter in this decade or the last. Your ugly negative jealousy is blinding you though. I think you've actually convinced yourselves that Bernard is scared and no match for bad Chad. That's laughable.

We're talking about the same Chad Dawson who got his butt kicked by Jean Pascal AND Glen Johnson. (yes Dawson did lose the first fight). Two guys Hopkins dusted EASY. Look at Dawsons fight with a washed up Tarver then watch what Bhop did to him. You still think he's scared?

Dawson is an 8 round fighter. He won't have a 10th of the career Bernard had. You actually think Dawson can stop Bhop? In 2 rounds he couldn't land 1 meaningful punch.

You know why BHOP was on Dawsons back? Because he bent over like he was trying to tie his laces to avoid the right hand. Yes the same right hand that nearly dropped Dawson earlier when his glove touched the canvas. Fact!

But yeah Hopkins is scared...

Comment

Originally posted by Davis40 View Post
                    The Bernard Hopkins nay sayers in this thread are bitter. It seems like none of you want to give Bhop his just due. I'm guessing he beat your favorite fighter in this decade or the last. Your ugly negative jealousy is blinding you though. I think you've actually convinced yourselves that Bernard is scared and no match for bad Chad. That's laughable.

We're talking about the same Chad Dawson who got his butt kicked by Jean Pascal AND Glen Johnson. (yes Dawson did lose the first fight). Two guys Hopkins dusted EASY. Look at Dawsons fight with a washed up Tarver then watch what Bhop did to him. You still think he's scared?

Dawson is an 8 round fighter. He won't have a 10th of the career Bernard had. You actually think Dawson can stop Bhop? In 2 rounds he couldn't land 1 meaningful punch.

You know why BHOP was on Dawsons back? Because he bent over like he was trying to tie his laces to avoid the right hand. Yes the same right hand that nearly dropped Dawson earlier when his glove touched the canvas. Fact!

But yeah Hopkins is scared...
                    you gotta love hopkins excuse makers/diehards....really hard to give a fighter like hopkins too much credit, when he spent most of his career a lightheavyweight, moonlighting as a middle to pad a record...

if hopkins isn't scared, he sure has shown much leniency in fighting somebody who has called him out for years like dawson did...all anybody wants to see, is if hopkins can do to dawson, what he did in his best win at 175, which is still a Tarver who was hanging out with Stallone on movie sets before the fight, and who beat the 160 lb version of glen johnson, who everybody knows isn't the same as the 175 lb version of him...

dawson got his butt kicked by pascal?..the fight i watched was fairly competitive, until a cut from a butt stopped it and it went to the scorecards, with dawson picking up steam...call it what you want, but he beat johnson 2X, tarver 2X, the same fighters hopkins beat 1X, all the while he was calling out hopkins....he beat johnson in the rematch, to which hopkins claimed publicly he would fight the winner of dawson-johnson 2, but instead went for what he thought was an easier touch in pascal for more $, to which dawson had to get a guarantee for the winner, and hopkins STILL tried to avoid...so go figure...dawson earned a fight with hopkins here son...

as far as your hopkins excuse that dawson bent forward to avoid a punch?...get real here...wtf was he supposed to do?...everybody knows hopkins right is followed by the head, and dawson apparently was prepared for it...hopkins threw the punch and left his feet, actually went airborne to land on dawson's back...ruining a fight that a lot of people felt he was trying to get out of for years, and based on his actions, inside, and outside the ring, is confirming it...
                    Last edited by djtmal; 03-05-2012, 06:39 PM.

Comment

you gotta love hopkins excuse makers/diehards....really hard to give a fighter like hopkins too much credit, when he spent most of his career a lightheavyweight, moonlighting as a middle to pad a record...

if hopkins isn't scared, he sure has shown much leniency in fighting somebody who has called him out for years like dawson did...all anybody wants to see, is if hopkins can do to dawson, what he did in his best win at 175, which is still a Tarver who was hanging out with Stallone on movie sets before the fight, and who beat the 160 lb version of glen johnson, who everybody knows isn't the same as the 175 lb version of him...

dawson got his butt kicked by pascal?..the fight i watched was fairly competitive, until a cut from a butt stopped it and it went to the scorecards, with dawson picking up steam...call it what you want, but he beat johnson 2X, tarver 2X, the same fighters hopkins beat 1X, all the while he was calling out hopkins....he beat johnson in the rematch, to which hopkins claimed publicly he would fight the winner of dawson-johnson 2, but instead went for what he thought was an easier touch in pascal for more $, to which dawson had to get a guarantee for the winner, and hopkins STILL tried to avoid...so go figure...dawson earned a fight with hopkins here son...

as far as your hopkins excuse that dawson bent forward to avoid a punch?...get real here...wtf was he supposed to do?...everybody knows hopkins right is followed by the head, and dawson apparently was prepared for it...hopkins threw the punch and left his feet, actually went airborne to land on dawson's back...ruining a fight that a lot of people felt he was trying to get out of for years, and based on his actions, inside, and outside the ring, is confirming it...
                      I keep wondering also when did Dawson get his butt whipped by Pascal?

I remember the fight being stopped questionably when Pascal was on unsteady feet looking like he was on his way to getting KO'd by Chad.

Nice try though, Bhop gonna get retired.

Comment

Working...
                      X