Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Australia,

Dennis loves you,

Beautiful;

D. Wilson - archetype example of why alcohol & drugs will ruin your life and consequently the people who surround you.

Comment

"I just want to go down there and kick his ass.

I'm gonna call the cops.

Close the place down.

Bust everyone."

Comment

Originally posted by Rocks! View Post
        Beautiful;

D. Wilson - archetype example of why alcohol & drugs will ruin your life and consequently the people who surround you.
        Yep. He's a great example in two ways;

see Dennis at the July 4th performance The Beach Boys gave a few months before he passed and you can see the ruin that alcohol and drugs bring,

listen to Dennis' music and you will see, hear, feel the warmth and depth of spirit it is possible to find in this world

"I just want to go down there and kick his ass.

I'm gonna call the cops.

Close the place down.

Bust everyone."
        Refresh my memory, man, that rings a bell. Gaines book, per chance? Talking about the house on 14400 Sunset Boulevard?

Al, Mike, Jakobson? Who was that?

Comment

Yeah, Heroes and Villains........., pg. 23, he was speaking to his "Little Buddy" Chris Clark, after he got beaten up at the Santa Monica Bay Inn. They were on their way to St. John's hospital to treat his injuries. He dropped his defences and let Shawn's male friend unload on his face.

The first couple chapters are mainly focused on the shell that Dennis had become.

I didn't buy the book, btw, I was sitting at the library in UNI, studying for several hours so I thought I'd listen to Surfer Girl, then I remembered you recommending the book, so I looked through the library's archives and found two-copies - the last time it was borrowed was in 1995.

Is there video to the 4th of July show?

Comment

Yeah, Heroes and Villains........., pg. 23, he was speaking to his "Little Buddy" Chris Clark, after he got beaten up at the Santa Monica Bay Inn. They were on their way to St. John's hospital to treat his injuries. He dropped his defences and let Shawn's male friend unload on his face.

The first couple chapters are mainly focused on the shell that Dennis had become.

I didn't buy the book, btw, I was sitting at the library in UNI, studying for several hours so I thought I'd listen to Surfer Girl, then I remembered you recommending the book, so I looked through the library's archives and found two-copies - the last time it was borrowed was in 1995.

Is there video to the 4th of July show?
            Hahhaha, I knew it was from Gaines, couldn't remember specifically what situation it referred to. That image of Dennis that Gaines paints in those opening chapters, nursing his vodka and orange, with Gage in his arms in that diner booth, pretty sad stuff.

First time I read it was out of a library, man. Libraries rule,

There's a bit of the July 4th show near the end of this docu (all the parts follow on from each-other in the related),

Here for quick access (2:20),

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oIDwH0dkcoA

"Folks, if you knew..."

Whole show's been booted, might be out there on the internet in video form.

Comment

These may be of interest also,

Comment

^^^^^^Sweeeeet, lad.

Probably won't have time to catch any of that soon, but I'll grab it before links expire.

Comment

No worries, mate. In a bit, in a bit.

Comment

KHALIL;

do you happen to have a link to the Surfer Girl photo-shoot of the Boys holding the surfboard?

I just love that image - I'd really like to see more shots of that cover-shoot.

Comment

Working...
                    X