joe frazier vs mike tyson

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

tyson...................

Comment

tyson would win....this has been debated before, and everyone agrees that tyson=fast starter and frazier=slow starter. I think frazier is the best body punching heavyweight of all time, tyson is good at that too but he didnt stick with it like frazier did.

Comment

Fraizer only has the left hook as a power punch, that is all Tyson would really have to look out for. Frazier's chin is inferior to Tyson. Frazier is right there to hit. Someone said that Tyson dosen't have to heart to exchange with Fraizer? lol Did Foreman exchange with frazier? In an early knockout there isn't too much of an exchange, that is the point. What is worse is that Tyson is a far quicker and more accurate puncher than Foreman...how can anyone think that Frazier takes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Ceratogyrus View Post
          Tyson wins quickly. Frazier was vulnerable in the early rounds and I'm not just talking about Foreman, Bonavena had him down twice in round 2 of their fight. Prime Mike Tyson started faster than any other heavywieght ever.
          If Joe could survive the initial onslaught for 4 rounds or so he wins but I just do not see that happening.
          This is about where I stand. Frazier is the slowest sarter of all modern heavyweight champs, Tyson is the fastest starter of all heavyweight champs. It's just a bad match up for Joe. I can't imagine a situation where Frazier doesn't get hurt pretty bad in the first two rounds and Tyson is a lethal finisher. Best ever in the divisions history in terms of finishing? Possibly. I actually have Frazier higher than Tyson on my all time list, but this is a bad match up for Joe.

Comment

Joe takes him out late

Comment

Originally posted by res View Post
              Fraizer only has the left hook as a power punch, that is all Tyson would really have to look out for. Frazier's chin is inferior to Tyson. Frazier is right there to hit. Someone said that Tyson dosen't have to heart to exchange with Fraizer? lol Did Foreman exchange with frazier? In an early knockout there isn't too much of an exchange, that is the point. What is worse is that Tyson is a far quicker and more accurate puncher than Foreman...how can anyone think that Frazier takes this.

Comment

Originally posted by res View Post
                actually foreman did exchange with frazier, not for very long though. smokin joe tried to stand toe to toe with big george and trade shots. u can't really compare big george to tython. bite doesn't hit as hard as fo'man but his hands are much faster. foreman had to knock frazier down several times to get rid of him. tython would knock joe down several times in the early rounds, but if joe can get past 5, he has a chance of stopping bite late with the left hook.

Comment

Working...
                X