No announcement yet.

Countering

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Countering

My general defense is pretty good these days, except I have problems getting hit with counters, or a counter of my counter or a counter of my counter of their counter of my sisters brothers uncles counter.... if you get my drift. lol. I know it will be just time and experience but any suggestions?

Don't get countered.

luzluzlzu

seriously though, bring your hands back quickly? You answered your own question really.. time and experience. We have no way of really helping considering we have no videos or knowledge of how you fight.

Comment

you may be telegraphing, make sure you're not giving away signs of what you're going to do..

Comment

Originally posted by ~satchel~ View Post
        My general defense is pretty good these days, except I have problems getting hit with counters, or a counter of my counter or a counter of my counter of their counter of my sisters brothers uncles counter.... if you get my drift. lol. I know it will be just time and experience but any suggestions?
        After throwing punches move to the side and keep your guard up. Basically don't stand there and get hit. Watch Hopkins!!!!!

Comment

See, I know all this stuff you guys are telling me, but it works great for me to be reminded of it.

Comment

Originally posted by theghost#1 View Post
            After throwing punches move to the side and keep your guard up. Basically don't stand there and get hit. Watch Hopkins!!!!!
            Do this, but also maybe you are not being smart or fast enough? You can counter the counter or simply just counter from the start so you won't be suffering the same problem too much. I can't tell if you are being serious and if this is happening to you alot, because the thread seems to have been written in jest. If it is happening to you ALOT, then simply box on your back foot more and retreat. Become the counterpunching boxer, rather than getting your ears boxed off and counterpunched

Comment

Originally posted by JulioCesaChavez View Post
              Do this, but also maybe you are not being smart or fast enough? You can counter the counter or simply just counter from the start so you won't be suffering the same problem too much. I can't tell if you are being serious and if this is happening to you alot, because the thread seems to have been written in jest. If it is happening to you ALOT, then simply box on your back foot more and retreat. Become the counterpunching boxer, rather than getting your ears boxed off and counterpunched
              Most of my posts have some sad humor attached to them, but I'm serious. I actually think I need to drill on only avoiding counters. I drop my hands after punches, I think that's my biggest problem. I just need someone to whack me every time I do it, and not just in sparring.

Comment

Get a sparring partner you trust and tell him your problem...... so you can practice not getting countered.

Comment

Testes satchel, with all due respect I feel you are a troll. From your avatar to your posts, you reek of somebody just tryna get a reaction. I've never done that.

Comment

you need to step off and launch a second attack or turn off a move out of range after every combo in the ams

Comment

Working...
                    X