Taking care of a sore/bloody nose?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Taking care of a sore/bloody nose?

Any tips (other than a better defense)? haha
    I'm talking about what to do to help it heal up faster. Its not bad just a tad sore/bloodied, i'll be fine though, just curious if you guys just leave it alone IF it happens to you guys or i've heard vaseline helps heal the inside faster. not sure though, thanks. peace.

Vaseline doen't help at all.

ice bath after a really grueling day helps alot. Saved a bag of ice in fridge, dump it into tub and soak with cold water for 5-10 minutes. Very painful but helps in the long run. Just plain wrapping ice helps for joints

aspirin of course dulls pain.

I also stretch a lot longer next day instead of working out.

Professionals go see chiropactors every 1-2 weeks and get massage once a week.

You have to understand the body has limits and it is different for everyone.

Comment

Originally posted by ricecrispi

ice bath after a really grueling day helps alot. Saved a bag of ice in fridge, dump it into tub and soak with cold water for 5-10 minutes. Very painful but helps in the long run. Just plain wrapping ice helps for joints

Oh man I used to run water over my legs back when I ran long distances for a while and that **** gets sooo cold. Also used to fill the tub with cold water, but never with ice, I HATE freezing water, but i might just have to get in the habit. :\

Comment

read the title, he asked how to fix a sore/bloody nose, stay on topic.

for a broken nose, i just let it heal on its own.

Comment

Originally posted by shane_mueller
          read the title, he asked how to fix a sore/bloody nose, stay on topic.

for a broken nose, i just let it heal on its own.
          I was thinking the same thing, but I let it slide... This time! ha

Comment

I've only sparred 4 times so far, first time i bloodied the other guys nose, 2nd time was when I really got my nose worked, then sparred 2 days later and of course it bled again cause it was still very sore and swollen, and yesterday was my first time back to sparring due to messing my hand up in a fight but anyways it got bloodied again. I'm just hoping i'm not one of those "bleeders". I may be, but regardless I need to work on my defense and take less shots, being dead tired before I even started doesn't help either. Oh it's the same side of the nose each time too, is that unusual?

Comment

I couldnt agree....

more....ice ice ice ice....10-20 minutes on then take off then repeat....

Comment

absolutely a

Originally posted by Stiv Rex
                go buy saline solution and hydrogen peroxide. mix it 4 parts saline to 1 h2o2. put it in a saucer on the table and if you can manage stick your schnozz in the saucer, let the fluid get into the nasal passages. soak for about 5 minutes, let it dry. do it 2 times a day. the h2o2 will help disinfect any exposed wounds in the nose, and the saline is going to toughen up the surrounding skin, prevent future ruptures/cuts. itll sting a bit, bubble a bit, but it works. ive got a big ass roman nose that has gotten busted three times, but i did this after the first time because my trainer suggested it, and each time after it hasnt bled much at all, plus when i spar i dont get the bloody noses like i used to.

true statement..this is also a great way to get through a busted up nose...just dont suck in through your nose or you'll choke and cough your brains out and it could go in your lungs and that would like....suck....

Comment

Look in the Title Catolgue...

Originally posted by Stiv Rex
                  no, thats how it goes usually, dont know why though. maybe its the side you picked the most as a kid. the saline soaks work really well. you can also use hottish water with table salt.
                  last case option is to take something with astringent qualities, like hemorhoid cream, and smear it in there before you spar. ive never done it myself, but its supposed to work.

There is a product in there called Nosebleed Q.R. It's a little pricey but it's good. So lets say your sparring and your nose bleeds. Take the swab, dip in in the powder and roll it in the inside of your nose, use the whole packet, roll it over and over in the powder and in the nose. Recently there was a change in amatuer rules...this stuff is now accepted even in the amatuers. Totally non toxic and totally safe for all ages...you can do it between rounds or wait till you are done sparring...this will stop the bleeding and as soon as you can...ice ice ice ice and saline soaks (salt water) too. Hope this helps!!!!

Comment

Working...
                  X