Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did you think Mosley was going to beat Margarito?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes. I couldnt understand why anyone would have thought Marg stood a chance... Watched it in a house full of mexicans and had like that homer going into bushes moment when I was right.

Shane is/was one of my favorite all time fighters though so... Some bias.

Comment

No. After Shane's apparent decline and old age, and Margarito's destruction of Cotto I thought Margarito was going to take control of the second half of the fight lay down a beating.

I knew Pacquaio was going to push his **** in though. Knew it from the day it was announced.

Comment

Originally posted by VatoMulatto View Post
        Even though Mosley was coming off a big ko win over Mayorga, Mosley looked like crap for most of that fight and Margo was a big favorite in this match-up.

I remember thinking that Margo would destroy Mosley. I didn't think he should take the fight in the first place. Mosley should just retire cause I didn't want to see him get smashed around the ring and beat up to a bloody mess. Boy, was I wrong. I have to say that's Mosley most impressive performance IMO.

Be honest did you think Mosley was going to pull the upset?
        I thought he had a good chance based on his hand speed, chin, and power combined with Margarito's non existent defense. I never expected him to completely dominate like he did though. I saw it as a 50/50 fight.

Comment

I did. It was only about 5 of us.

Comment

Originally posted by El-blanco View Post
            I hate to admit it, because it was an awesome performance, but I went to a party instead of watching the fight for the exact reasons you listed. Margarito looked like a wrecking ball and Mosley just looked shot, despite knocking out mayorga. I thought he was going to get killed and didn't want to see it. It was difficult seeing Holyfield get beat up by Ruiz and thought this would be the same. Dead wrong.
            Yeah, I wasn't really interested in this fight but I'm glad I decided to watch. What a f-ucking performance Mosely put on. Mosley goes in there and completely destroys Margarito winning every single round and stopped him in brutal fashion. Mosley vs Margarito is one of my favorite fights.

Comment

I thought Marg would get a UD or a late stoppage but I never discounted Mosley's power........but when that whole wrap controversy happened and Marg walked out looking like a dead man, I turned to the 3 other guys I was watching the fight with and said, "Marg is ****ed". Although I can't remember if the broadcast announced anything about the wraps, but that look on Margs face, it was horrendous. I knew something was wrong.

It was like watching Tyson on the way to the ring for Lewis or the apprehensive look on the face of Barrera on his way to face Khan.

Comment

Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
                I thought Marg would get a UD or a late stoppage but I never discounted Mosley's power........but when that whole wrap controversy happened and Marg walked out looking like a dead man, I turned to the 3 other guys I was watching the fight with and said, "Marg is ****ed". Although I can't remember if the broadcast announced anything about the wraps, but that look on Margs face, it was horrendous. I knew something was wrong.

It was like watching Tyson on the way to the ring for Lewis or the apprehensive look on the face of Barrera on his way to face Khan.
                Yeah, Larry merchant said it.

Comment

No, but Margo's style was great for Mosley's. I remember thinking it would he a fun scrap Margo would on the cards.

Comment

Originally posted by 5.4ever View Post
                    Uhm, I don't know what the concionseous here is but Tony WAS a gonna murder Mosley...

It wasn't until he got caught with that **** on his wraps, I think that made him panic and lose focus on the fight... You could tell he was out of it from the get go. Like he knew he was in trouble "legally" so he just wasn't there mentally

Morley got lucky imho
                    Did you watch that fight?

Margarito couldn't land any punches on Shane. Shane used his handspeed and power to punish Margarito, and then tied him up whenever Margarito got in close enough to get to work.

Margarito could have been wearing brass knuckles and still got his ass kicked.

Comment

Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post

I saw the same exact thing as you, he was shook to his core as he walked to ring. I was at the arena and didn't even know about the hand wrap thing until the next day..but I saw that face he had and I said the same thing to the people there with me.

Comment

Working...
                      X