Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are low cut boxing shoes good for running in a treadmill??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are low cut boxing shoes good for running in a treadmill??

I've seen A. Berto run in low cut boxing shoes to his gym back when he was an up comer.

My question is, Is it ok for me to run on my boxing shoes that I dont use for sparring, on a treadmill?

Would it damage the feet or ankles? as opposed to running shoes? please explain...
    Last edited by Sox8055; 07-18-2009, 05:03 PM.

Originally posted by Sox8055 View Post
    I've seen A. Berto run in low cut boxing shoes to his gym back when he was an up comer.

My question is, Is it ok for me to run on my boxing shoes that I dont use for sparring, on a treadmill?

Would it damage the feet or ankles? as opposed to running shoes? please explain...
    Shouldn't damage your feet. But, I wouldn't do it. Get some cheap ass running shoes or just use your trainers. I wouldn't ruin my boxing boots by using them on there.

Comment

I wouldn't do it. Boxing shoes are meant to be light and usually don't have much support or cushioning, so it will put more pressure on your feet ankles and knees.

Comment

dont do it. my coach makes us all run at the same time, which forces me to run in boxing shoes. they got all messed up real quick. good boots too. the adidas ones enzo wore when afolabi put him to sleep.

Comment

I've used low cut Everlast for running, NOT A GOOD IDEA. I tore the bottom of the soles, had holes in them.

Comment

Originally posted by Joan Guzman View Post
            Shouldn't damage your feet. But, I wouldn't do it. Get some cheap ass running shoes or just use your trainers. I wouldn't ruin my boxing boots by using them on there.
            Originally posted by RightHooker View Post
            I wouldn't do it. Boxing shoes are meant to be light and usually don't have much support or cushioning, so it will put more pressure on your feet ankles and knees.
            Originally posted by #1Assassin View Post
            dont do it. my coach makes us all run at the same time, which forces me to run in boxing shoes. they got all messed up real quick. good boots too. the adidas ones enzo wore when afolabi put him to sleep.
            Originally posted by VERSATILE2K10 View Post
            I've used low cut Everlast for running, NOT A GOOD IDEA. I tore the bottom of the soles, had holes in them.
            hm..from your guys experiences, It seems that running with them will only tear them apart.

thanks guys..

Comment

Originally posted by Sox8055 View Post

I think everyones missing the more important thing.

Running in boxing boots or cross training shoes can not only mess up the shoe, but your feet and knees.

Boxing shoes dont have much support at all. Theyre flat and they bend easily on the bottom..which is NOT a good thing. Cross trainers are meant more for lateral movement and not for running. Many people get shin splints from running in cross trainers or even heel spurs.

Run in running shoes. Yeah they're expensive but its worth the investment. My running shoes cost me $119 but they have solved many of my foot pain problems while I was running in cross trainers.

Comment

On a treadmill, you will be fine. On the street/outside enviornment, dont do it. I seen Floyd run on a treadmill with boxing shoes on, so you should be fine.

If you like them that much and are worried about impact problems, get some dr. scholls insoles.

Comment

Originally posted by F l i c k e r View Post
                  On a treadmill, you will be fine. On the street/outside enviornment, dont do it. I seen Floyd run on a treadmill with boxing shoes on, so you should be fine.

If you like them that much and are worried about impact problems, get some dr. scholls insoles.
                  Treadmill? Not for a long time, you're rubbing the sole of the shoe on the rubber mat every so often. Those will wear them down.

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=XaYQwq6TnXY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iIT7t2jtdP0

http://www.vibramfivefingers.it/Default.aspx
                    Last edited by Vitez; 09-04-2012, 05:32 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X