No announcement yet.

Reccomend me some Xbox 360 games

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reccomend me some Xbox 360 games

Just picked up an Xbox 360 with a 20 gig hard drive, 2 wireless controllers, and 1 game ; "Star Ocean ; The Last Hope" all for $100.00 from some dude on craigslist.

So reccomend me some other 360 titles to check out, since I've been pretty out of the loop this generation. Below are some of the titles I know I am interested in, if this will give you any idea of the sorts of game syou should reccomend or not.

Assassin's Creed, The Elder Scrolls IV ; Oblivion, Fable 2, Fight Night Round 4, Ninja Gaiden 2, Gears of War.

That's about all I know that I really want thus far, and I may pick up that "Prizeighter" game since it's so ****ing cheap ; was that one any good? The boxing fan in me thinks it's clearly worth the 10 dollar price tag.

Prize fighter is cheap because it sucks, don't get it.

Assasin's creed is pretty good, i just didn't really get into it, i got about half way through the game and it was just more of the same

Oblivion is a must play game too, you will sink many hours into it. I would suggest getting the game of the year edition as it comes with all of the expansions and add ons.

Fable 2 is great, though some people didn't like it but i personally think it's an amazing game i just finished the main story on my first play through and i'm far from being done with the game as soon as i finished it i started another character which is going to be evil as hell.

Fight night round 4 is a must have for any boxing fan i still play on a regular basis, mostly when i have some friends over.

Ninja Gaiden 2, i don't know man. It's sitting on my shelf and i don't really feel like playing it, it's too ****ing hard and i play games to have fun, not to be humiliated.

Gears of war is good, but pretty short, if you can get it for cheap go for it.

Now, my suggestions.

-Dead Space, greatest survival horror game ever made. Get it, play it, love it.

-Bioshock, amazing game. Look it up, i can't even begin to explain how great it is.

I know that you are a huge metal fan, so i suggest you check out Brutal Legend. But it's pretty short and it just came out, so don't buy it, just rent it.

Check out the trailer:

I would suggest checking out fallout 3 too but i need to say that its very close to oblivion. It's made by the same people, using the same engine and it shows. Of course the story, the weapons and the setting are completely different, but if you play both you will see huge similarities.

Anyway if you are interested in fallout 3, wait for the game of the year edition that is coming out soon(it may already be out) it will include all the downloadable content.

Another one that is the type of game that you either hate or love is dead rising. The setting is simple but awesome, you're a journalist and you get dropped in a zombie infested mall for 72 hours. You basically have to take pictures and go through the different plot elements while fighting zombies. By fighting zombies i mean "Going through a crowd of 200 zombies with a lawmower or a chainsaw." Personally i liked it a lot.

As for the rest, i don't know what kind of games you like, the ones i suggested are great regardless. Do you like racing games? Japanese rpgs? Fighting games?

Comment

I like pretty much anything, really.

Street Fighter 4 is another one I need to get that I just thought of, Dead Rising sounds cool.

RPGs are great as well. Is this "Star ocean" game a good one? Haven't really had time to test it, yet.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Bringer View Post
        I like pretty much anything, really.

Street Fighter 4 is another one I need to get that I just thought of, Dead Rising sounds cool.

RPGs are great as well. Is this "Star ocean" game a good one? Haven't really had time to test it, yet.
        For street fighter 4, wait a bit, the new version will come out soon and it will have a bunch of new characters.

I never played Star Ocean but from the review it seems pretty good:

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/955/955258p1.html

If you like racing games i would suggest getting Burnout Paradise, it's over the top good fun. The sense of speed is the best i have seen in any game, it's ****ing fast. Got it for 20$ brand new at walmart 2 weeks ago.

I must insist on dead space, it's just great, you could probably get it for around 20$-30$, too.

Comment

Originally posted by Equilibrium View Post
          For street fighter 4, wait a bit, the new version will come out soon and it will have a bunch of new characters.

I never played Star Ocean but from the review it seems pretty good:

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/955/955258p1.html

If you like racing games i would suggest getting Burnout Paradise, it's over the top good fun. The sense of speed is the best i have seen in any game, it's ****ing fast. Got it for 20$ brand new at walmart 2 weeks ago.

I must insist on dead space, it's just great, you could probably get it for around 20$-30$, too.
          Yeah, I always liked those "Burnout" games on PS2, so I'm pretty sure I'll love "Paradise".

"Dead Space" also sounds like a must.

I still can't believe I got this console with 2 controllers and a game that goes for $35 at gamestop for $100.00.

Comment

Tales of Vesperia, Lost Odyssey, Condemned, Left 4 Dead, Rainbow Six: Vegas 2, Mass Effect, Blue Dragon, The Orange Box, Saints Row 2, Dead Rising, GoW 2, Bioshock, BlazBlue: Calamity Trigger and many more.

Just a kick as selection of software to be had for the system...

Comment

Originally posted by The_Bringer View Post

I still can't believe I got this console with 2 controllers and a game that goes for $35 at gamestop for $100.00.
              Yeah thats pretty crazy, did the guy look cracked out or something?

Comment

Originally posted by Equilibrium View Post
                Yeah thats pretty crazy, did the guy look cracked out or something?
                Quite the opposite, infact.

He was a middle aged, balding, fat, loser type who still lives with his parents.

Talked my ****ing ear off about how badass this "Star Ocean" game is, broke down the combat system and everything. It got to the point where I was like "dude, just unhook it".

Though I do know of a local crackhead selling his 80 gig PS3 for $100.00 at the moment.....That's my next purchase.

Comment

Originally posted by Liaison View Post
                  Tales of Vesperia, Lost Odyssey, Condemned, Left 4 Dead, Rainbow Six: Vegas 2, Mass Effect, Blue Dragon, The Orange Box, Saints Row 2, Dead Rising, GoW 2, Bioshock, BlazBlue: Calamity Trigger and many more.

Just a kick as selection of software to be had for the system...
                  The bolded is exactly why the 360 was my preferred console of choice for this Generation.

It's a non-Jasper model, manufactured in May of 2008. So I need to remove the faceplate and see if it's been tampered with, and if not, check and see if I can get the ***** registered with MS, just incase **** hapens, 'ya know?

If not, I know 2 local guys who are real pro's when it comes to console repair and modding, so if anything goes wrong I should get it fixed in 24 hours with about 40 bucks or so.

I forgot about "Rainbow Six : Vegas". Haven't played 2, but I'm sure it's the ****. I played the first and ****ing loved it.

Comment

Tales of Vesperia (traditional sort of Japanese rpg), Blazblue (king of fighters?), The orange Box if you're gonna play online.

If you find these on the cheap:
                    Bionic Commando, Dark Sector, I had a good time with em.

Comment

Working...
                    X