Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Showtime Shakes Things Up With Mayweather Power Play

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So he'll be fighting six more times, eh? Man, that'll take six years. He retired in his prime years and he'll be fighting in his late thirties? What a joke.

Comment

I'm just guessing here.

But I have a feeling Showtime threw a 9 figure number at Floyd, with "incentive clauses", with a whole lot of lawyer speak in the contract.

Probably like signing a multi year Pro-Bowler or All-Star Hall of Famer a front loaded contract.

Comment

I see about 3 fights then he's done. He is getting paid alot of money.he promotes himself with strictly business.everything is about money first,then the fight is second. I bet butt hurt pac-boy is really jealous now.he'll continue to hate on mayweather,but oh well.

Comment

What happened to "HBO is my family b...****." Inamo Floyd

Comment

Originally posted by Check_hooks View Post
            After reading the Thomas Hauser article, Yes I do

And Floyd ain't the highest paid if you include how much he spends to promote the fight (10's of millions)

If you factor that than there are alot of athletes that make more than him including Pacquiao
            hahaha the same pacquiao who gets ripped of by arum, when you factor that he doesn't earn anywhere near as much as floyd, i don't know why you care unless you're getting a cut of pacquiao's money

Comment

Originally posted by Pan-Africanist View Post
              Then why isnt Pacquiao signing the most lucrative deal in boxing history then?

Owned.

Oh these Pac tards, how they cry. But don't worry. If Manny needs money I'm sure Bob will give him an advance from his next fight.

It won't be anywhere close to the $40 million straight cash that he could have gotten from Floyd. But Manny seems happy with that so.....

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
                wait a minute....showtime got floyd?! when did this happen
                When HBO, wouldn't come with the Up Front BREAD!!!

Comment

Very nice move by Showtime. But, does anybody really see Floyd fighting six more times? Maybe he had a change of heart in terms of his legacy or something.

Comment

Originally posted by Pan-Africanist View Post
                    Then why isnt Pacquiao signing the most lucrative deal in boxing history then?
                    There's no indication that it's the biggest deal in history. Except for the reporter's headlines we really know nothing except that we're told it's for 30 months, it's for UP TO 6 FIGHTS, (which, realistically means 2-3), and that's it a multi-million dollar deal (anything from $2 mill upwards). Mayweather actually now needs to fight more, t the end of his career to ensure a reasonable retirement package, since he must be almost broke from all the legal settlements he's had to make in the past 6 mo ths.

HBO are not going into receivership, nor is Top Rank. It is no harm for Top Rank to be upstaged-if they really were- because untul now they've been at the head of all the boxing inovations, They're busy enough with their new entrance into the potentially overwhelming China market, which seems to have been overlooked a bit.

Comment

Mayweather Power Play

Pretty soon Broner will replace Mayweather. Broner would beat Mayweather today, if he fought him. Mayweather is getting old and slow. Just a matter of time. It happens to all boxers later in their careers. Good for boxing to have these new talented guys coming up.

Comment

Working...
                      X