No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Juan Manuel Marquez Fully Focused To Continue Career

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mike_R View Post
    I'm a little surprised but he really is looking at a serious payday to do a 5th fight. But to retire now is definitely the smarter move for legacy. But I think he's mostly interested in providing for his great grand kids at this point. Maybe their kids too..

Win or lose after the 5th fight I think Manny and JMM should retire.
    Manny is not going to be the same in the 5th fight. He is going to be scared to let his hands go. Marquez will get him out of there because Marquez is and always has been the smarter fighter who could adjust mid fight. Manny has no chance.

Comment

Going out in Glory wasn't good enough for Marquez, and I guess he needs to go out on his Shield to finalize his career...so be it.

Comment

i highly favor pacquiao in a fifth fight.

he was winning that fight until he got over confident and reckless.

that last fight might have been marquez last hurrah. he might have given his last great fight and he finally shows his age in the next fight.

Comment

Originally posted by DTMB View Post

that last fight might have been marquez last hurrah. he might have given his last great fight and he finally shows his age in the next fight.
          This still has got to be the most overrated line on boxingscene. If you watch that last round carefully you will see JMM setting Pacquiao up with lefts and rights. He wasn't completely getting battered in that round. He got off too and most importantly, he put Pacquiao lights out. I favor JMM because Manny style is tailor made for Marquez. Manny did and tried everything to win. Even scoring 5 KD's through 4 fights and he couldn't do it. Manny is damaged now and he will try his hardest to avoid that right but he will only be open for the left. Marquez was peppering Manny with left hands and body shots. He knows Pacquiao. No way Manny wins even in a 5th fight and you can save this post and sig it after the 5th fight.
          Last edited by GRUSTLER; 01-31-2013, 06:16 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by GRUSTLER View Post
            Marquez will KO Pacquiao again. He completely figured out the puzzle.
            Of course he will Manny's best weapon is his aggressiveness when they do fight again the world will see a different manny pacquiao he will be very reluctant to throw very hesitant and when he does decide to throw Marquez will be right there to counter him silly you are right he did figure out the puzzle.

Comment

I disagree and after you read this you might understand maybe pacquiao was winning but Marquez was just starting to adjust and landing his shots as well don't get me wrong any other fighter would've been out of there in the fifth rd. but Marquez is that elite fighter how much longer was manny supposed to keep up that pace he was starting to tire all that movement was taking its toll only a matter of time before he would've got caught now if you remember he was caught with 3 hard right hands in that fight believe me when I tell you Marquez has his number even better now pacquiao may want a fifth fight now it when he gets back in the ring with Marquez again reality will hit and manny will be real hesitant it won't be a good fight for pacquiao Marquez will counter him into submission.

Comment

Originally posted by theocdog View Post
                The only reason he is gonna continue to fight is for money. He has nothibg else to prove his legacy is already cemented. I just hope that when he does retire is because I wanted to and not because he had to.
                yea definitely he's finally going to get his due and big money I think he'll be smart enough to go when it's time he is a warrior and I believe he dosen't have the same mentality like Roy jones jr. Fighters don't retire the ring retires fighters... Nah that's not him.

Comment

If he's set financially (which he probably is) he should just call it a day. That clear cut win over Pac is his pinnacle/weight off his back, he probably won't be able to get up for future fights like he did before; but if he wants to continue on, so be it.

Comment

LOLLOLLOL!!!!!! 5th fight. Pacquiao will probably want to do it at a catchweight of 50lbs with 50oz gloves because he is a cat.

Comment

JuanMa should call out Bradley and school his ass. Take that belt from him. Also why wait 7 months to fight Manny for a 5th time!?!?

Should be a Summer bout.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Working...
                      X