No announcement yet.

Fabrice Tiozzo's legacy

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fabrice Tiozzo's legacy

Where will he be placed historically among lhws and cws? I think he beat better opponents at 175, but at 200 he also beat a few good ones, like Nate Miller. His first fight with Hill and the one with McCallum were both great. Hill fight was a candidate for FOTY in my opinion. Also the Branco fight was exciting. I think Fabrice gets overlooked too much today, esp when people talk about the best European fighters thru history. He's definitely up there, so is his brother. They may be the best pair of boxing brothers in European history really, I can't remember any other case where both brothers were world champs and equally respected boxers.

Originally posted by Pastrano View Post
    Where will he be placed historically among lhws and cws? I think he beat better opponents at 175, but at 200 he also beat a few good ones, like Nate Miller. His first fight with Hill and the one with McCallum were both great. Hill fight was a candidate for FOTY in my opinion. Also the Branco fight was exciting. I think Fabrice gets overlooked too much today, esp when people talk about the best European fighters thru history. He's definitely up there, so is his brother. They may be the best pair of boxing brothers in European history really, I can't remember any other case where both brothers were world champs and equally respected boxers.
    McCallum was way over the hill at that point It's a B level win, at best

Comment

Originally posted by Toney616 View Post
      McCallum was way over the hill at that point It's a B level win, at best
      Thats not important, it was a good fight anyway. I didn't say it was an A or B win, just that the fight was good.

Comment

That's not important, it was a good fight anyway. I didn't say it was an A or B win, just that the fight was good.
        But it doesn't add to his legacy in any way

Comment

Originally posted by Toney616 View Post
          But it doesn't add to his legacy in any way
          Why not?? Mike wasn't shot yet and tho he wasnt prime, he still had something left in the tank. I'd compare him to Mosley in the Cotto fight.

Comment

Why not?? Mike wasn't shot yet and tho he wasnt prime, he still had something left in the tank. I'd compare him to Mosley in the Cotto fight.
            He wasn't shot, but way past prime and fighting 3 divisions above his prime weight class(jmw). If he beat an opponent above b- level after the Tiozzi loss than you might have a case, but McCallum would go 1-3 in his fights post Tiozzi

Comment

Its a decent win, but Mike was far past his best weight and pushing 40. That said, he did have the title. So while I don't consider it a huge legacy enhancer its not a fight you can just dismiss either.

Comment

Working...
              X