Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fighters In the lower divisions have to do more....

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fighters In the lower divisions have to do more....

....to be rated as highly as those in the heavier divisions. That's just the way it is and always has been. Look how long it took for roman gonzalez to get acclaimed. There's a ridiculous amount of divisions crammed into 30 lbs or so at the bottom of boxing. So even though it sounds great when you say things like 'multi weight champion' oh and he beat the world number 5 or whatever, just remember in other heavier divisions these fighters would all be at the same weight realistically. Thats why its not really that impressive when u say oh he beat the world number 5 cause in reality that could probably be the 15th best boxer around that size. Can call me ignorant but there's not as many small men in America and Europe either competing in them divisions, the two dominant forces in boxing alongside Mexico. Western diet and genetics means many adult males arent gonna be able to weigh in at 115 lbs. There was 5ft 2 man fighting for the title earlier against shiro, you're called a freak over here if you are that height.I'm not having It that it's as hard to get to the top in them small divisions as say it is for example to be a number 1 welterweight, it's not a coincidence that most the nation's that do well at them tiny weights don't accomplish much in the normal weights. Where are all the great Japanese/thai fighters in the other divisions? So thats why they need top quality wins to be rated elite, like rungvasai has got In knocking out Gonzalez and beating Estrada. Beating some b level fighters doesn't mean ****, cause them b level fighters are probably c level talent wise In other divisions. Some of the 'ex world champs'i see brought in as opponents look crap to me. Know this will be unpopular but the truth hurts
    Last edited by Prince Madison; 10-07-2018, 03:25 PM.

One thing I'll say about the super small divisions is that guys don't seem to last as long down there. You won't see a 40-year-old champ in those divisions as far as I know. When you hit thirty down there, you're probably going down soon. That would seem to imply that those weights are actually tougher.

Comment

Originally posted by Tony Trick-Pony View Post
      One thing I'll say about the super small divisions is that guys don't seem to last as long down there. You won't see a 40-year-old champ in those divisions as far as I know. When you hit thirty down there, you're probably going down soon. That would seem to imply that those weights are actually tougher.
      action is faster and they all cut weight to make it, so yea it will catch up ,in your 30s your speed go away and speed is huge factor in this weights.

Comment

It's not so much the weight difference per weight classess, as much as the fact there's just less people that size and there's usually less competition due to this in comparison to the more average weights.

Comment

Originally posted by Canelo and GGG View Post
          action is faster and they all cut weight to make it, so yea it will catch up ,in your 30s your speed go away and speed is huge factor in this weights.
          Yes it is. I mean, even the great Ricardo Lopez stepped down at 35. Chiquita Gonzalez didn't make it far into his 30s either. Just really difficult to have longevity there. So much speed as you say.

Comment

Where do you draw the line? 147 and up then?

Comment

OP just making excuses because non of his eastern Eros are top level there

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingIsGreat View Post
                Where do you draw the line? 147 and up then?
                wherever the eastern Euros start to become elite?

Comment

Case in point Monster Inoue. Homie is a SUPERSTAR, but he's so overlooked.

All he does is stretch everyone put in front of him, across 3 divisions. I don't see how he can't be in everyone's top 5 p4p. I have him at 3. Even boxing media folks don't give him props (he's not in anyone's top 5, these guys are supposed to be knowledgable.

The cultural divide hurts. He'll, I don't know how to spell or pronounce his first name, so I always just call him Monster

Comment

Thanks for the wall of text

Comment

Working...
                    X