Collapse
No announcement yet.

It's sad how Andy Ruiz can walk around and nobody knows who he is

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You dont usually get known off of being the late sub who beats the debuting in your country famous in his own country guy. If AJ had had some US fights or more famous worldwide I suspect Andy would be known better.

Comment

One reason is because he is not “the heavyweight champion” of the world. Yes he has 3 of the 4 major titles. But at the end of the day there are 4 major titles, there isn’t 1 title. Wilder has the other one and he is more known than the guy with 3 titles. Ruiz is also not The Ring HW Champ, which would make him THE heavyweight champ. He is also not the HW champ of TBRB. Both are vacant.

Now if Ruiz can beat Joshua again, and then go on to beat the winner of Wilder vs Fury 2, to become the actual HW champ, he would definitely be noticed by the media and more fans would recognize him.

For now, he’s just a title holder, and so is Wilder.

Comment

Originally posted by JJRod View Post
        Hit the lottery by knocking down and eventually stopping the World Champ.
        Got it.
        he got rich off one fight.
        he will never be a household name.

same reason why you dont see anyone talking about buster douglas.

if i see buster walking in the street would i recognize him? probably not. picture op? pass.

if i see ruiz in public trying to look hard would i take a pic with him? nah ill just look at him like someone i recognize from the gym and go about my own business.

Comment

Originally posted by ikigai View Post
          That's the damn Heavyweight Champion of the World.

Even here, people don't give him his due even though he won his belts fair and square. Just because he's fat.

They're eager to deepthroat Anthony Joshua dlckhead though, even though he got knocked the **** out, just because he's pretty.

Hes puerto rican who cares

Comment

Originally posted by BodiesInFlight View Post
            What a weird post.

Not many people like Boxing these days. Not just people on their phones, grandpa.
            Kids know him anyway.

He stole the show in UP!

Comment

Originally posted by ikigai View Post
              people don't give him his due even though he won his belts fair and square. Just because he's fat.
              It's not because he's fat (he's a great warrior). It's because WBA, WBC, IBF, WBO etc ruined boxing.

Don't expect people to fancy or understand a sport that nowadays has more 'world champions' than challengers ...
              Last edited by Ben Bolt; 11-29-2019, 07:03 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by man down View Post
                You have to win more than one big fight lol.
                If he goes on a few fight win streak then I'm sure people will know him. Plus he doesn't have anything that makes him stand out.

When I see saw Wilder I knew it was him because of his size and style.
                When I saw Chuck Liddell from the UFC walking towards me I knew it was him because of his tats on his head.
                You have to have something.

Do you?

Comment

Originally posted by D4thincarnation View Post

Do you?
                  I would think they learned from that mistake. How long was he champ?

Buster being Tyson was far bigger deal anyway.

Comment

anyone who isnt a boxing fan doesnt know 99.9 percent of boxers period

Comment

I dont watch ,football, succor, Hockey etc and wouldnt know any of those guys if they walked passed me

Comment

Working...
                      X