Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Luis Ortiz Coach Talks Loss, Confident Wilder is KO'd in Rematch

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DramaShow View Post
    maybe its a bit harsh but thats the way i see it, he had wilder rocked and couldnt finish the job. Nearly but not quite, and thats what hes going to have to live with.
    If Ortiz doesn’t get a rematch — and win — he’ll replay that seventh round in his head for the rest of his life. But that’s putting the whole burden on Luis. There were two men in that ring. Gotta give Wilder his due. Not too many fighters would’ve weathered that storm and come back to win. I’d say it was Deontay who came through, not Ortiz that failed. Luis did his best. It wasn’t good enough.

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
      Doesn't Wilder have to face Whyte next?
      Whyte is facing Browne next.

Winner is a much better option than Ortiz, especially if he fights them in their back porch.

If Browne it sets up Parker, provided he looks decent against Joshua.

If Whyte it makes the Joshua fight that much bigger.

Comment

Can’t see this fight happening again

Comment

"I saw that we were winning, but I knew we were not going to win by decision."

Corruption determines the outcome of another big fight. Instead of just being able to cruise to a points victory and run out the clock, a tired Ortiz was forced to go forward into the power of one of the biggest punchers in the sport because he and his team knew that Al Haymon and the US boxing establishment is so corrupt, they were going to rob Ortiz unless he got a knockout.

And if you look at the scorecards, they were right. As if the fact Ortiz was 40 years old didn't already delegitimize the entire fight, that just adds the cherry on top. Anyone who counts this as a real win for Wilder is sipping on that biased tea again. This fight was a sham, in so many ways. This is just another one.

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
            Doesn't Wilder have to face Whyte next?
            Not sure bro. I don’t really keep tabs on the belt organizations and their rankings. I threw Breazeale out there because the legal drama that he and Wilder have ongoing would create a storyline for the buildup. And Breazeale is also a guy that may be willing to go to AL so Wilder could do a hometown fight. Honestly, I have Breazeale and Whyte in the same tier in the heavyweight pecking order. So either or is fine with me if he can’t get AJ or Fury next.

Comment

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
              The guy says, “take away his right hand and he’s got nothing left.” Please. As if you didn’t know that going in and didn’t train for it. Lol Like they used to say about Tyson, it’s tough to avoid getting hit once in twelve rounds. Wilder has the kind of power that can finish a fight without even landing flush. I would love to see a rematch, however. It was a good fight, and Ortiz does have to possibility of KOing Deontay as well. Don’t think it’ll happen, though. Luis showed he really is a threat. He had his chance. Gotta give Wilder props for taking the challenge and delivering.
              Caicedo should had trained Ortiz for the full 12. He could had won the fight but was dead tired by round 6. He hurt him in the 7 and couldn't finish him because he was tired.

Comment

Originally posted by BendOver View Post
                Caicedo should had trained Ortiz for the full 12. He could had won the fight but was dead tired by round 6. He hurt him in the 7 and couldn't finish him because he was tired.
                To be fair, it’s very difficult for a man that size, especially at age 38, to be very fresh after the sixth. Also, Wilder’s power will tend to slow anyone down. I’m sure Ortiz can improve, especially if he comes in a few pounds lighter, but I wouldn’t expect miracles.

Comment

Wilder being sick in camp.. and facing ortiz, and koing him out.. put him in the pound for pound category to me.. weighing 214 against ortiz 241 smh. next fight wilder will be even stronger and bigger 220 and even deadlier for ortiz.. I dont have a problem with the rematch, they might be the two best heavyweights anyways.. but in all fairness fury is back.. waiting to see how he looks.. i would like to see ortiz fight the loser of Joshua/parker. Fury can fight Joshua/parker after tune up.. and wilder fights whyte/browne in Tuscaloosa!!! Forget about wilder fighting whyte/browne in the u.k to raise promotional value, .. wilder is the champion.. promotional value is already popping in the u.k around whyte and wilder.. can't afford no shananigan's so the promotion needs to be in america.. so that wilder gets joshua/fury/parker winner in vegas. Loser of joshua/fury/parker/ gets ortiz..

Comment

Ortiz couldn't even when with roids in him.and on top of that wilder fought him while he was sick smh time to retire Ortiz.u done your country proud.

Comment

Originally posted by Illmatic94 View Post
                      Hell no. take your PED cheating ass somewhere. that title shot was undeserved anyway. be glad Wilder blessed your juiced up cheater with a payday and move along.
                      Translation: Skeered his idol Wilder will be demolished in a rematch.

LOL!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X