Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Everlast MX Pro Gloves Now Banned in the UK?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Everlast MX Pro Gloves Now Banned in the UK?

Saw this in a thread, picture courtesy of user Issac Clarke.

Thoughts?

Whats the problem with these gloves?

Comment

Originally posted by Easy Work. View Post
      Whats the problem with these gloves?
      They're horsehair gloves which are commission approved but people have been complaining ever since Floyd made a big deal about it when Chino tried to wear them.

The thing is, Cleto Reyes gloves are also horsehair gloves so I'm not sure what the big deal it.

I honestly believe Brook and Hearn are scared as hell. Of Rios nonetheless, I mean he's not even a big puncher.

Comment

The British are terrified of everything. No surprise

Comment

Originally posted by HanzGruber View Post
          The British are terrified of everything. No surprise
          Right? They already have enough to deal with over there from the PED use, the premature stoppages, and the constant robberies and ref biases.

Comment

I have a pair of 8 oz Everlast MX. I wouldn't recommend them to anyone; the padding is very flimsy. When you punch you can feel your knuckle connect with the heavy bag.

In contrast I have a new pair of 16 oz Everlast training gloves which are 100x better. The padding is really good. When you punch you feel protected.

Comment

It's not an unfeasible concept that certain equipment could be banned by natonal organizations. Even in golf there's things like belly putters and Callaway ERC drivers that are banned.

Comment

Originally posted by Just Now Hit Me View Post
                I have a pair of 8 oz Everlast MX. I wouldn't recommend them to anyone; the padding is very flimsy. When you punch you can feel your knuckle connect with the heavy bag.

In contrast I have a new pair of 16 oz Everlast training gloves which are 100x better. The padding is really good. When you punch you feel protected.
                Your post is very contradicting. Of course 16oz TRAINING GLOVES, which are meant for TRAINING and heavy bag work will be of better use while TRAINING due to the extra padding. Of course you wouldn't want to use 8oz punchers gloves while hitting away on the bag.

But during a championship fight, I can see why some would want to use horsehair gloves.

Comment

Cleto Reyes it is then!

Comment

Mayweather changed the game

Comment

Working...
                    X