No announcement yet.

Hatton Vs Mancini at 140..?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hatton Vs Mancini at 140..?

You soon know a fighter's shot when his name keeps cropping up on the history section lol.. Debates on the Arguello-Hatton thread have inspired me to ask this question..
    In fairness to Mancini, he was past his best at 140 so we'll use the version of Ray who lost on a 15 round split DC to a Prime Camacho..

Mancini (who fought Macho) vs Prime Hatton?...
    Hatton KO
    58.33%
    Hatton PTS
    8.33%
    DRAW
    0.00%
    Mancini KO
    33.33%
    Mancini PTS
    0.00%

The poll is expired.

Originally posted by mickey malone View Post
    You soon know a fighter's shot when his name keeps cropping up on the history section lol.. Debates on the Arguello-Hatton thread have inspired me to ask this question..
    In fairness to Mancini, he was past his best at 140 so we'll use the version of Ray who lost on a 15 round split DC to a Prime Camacho..

Mancini (who fought Macho) vs Prime Hatton?...
    Mancini had been out of the ring and retired for 4yrs when he came back and lost to Camacho yet i would still favor him to beat Hatton by KO in around 9rds

Comment

Roberto Mancini? I thought Hatton supported Man City...

Comment

I can respect all opinions on this thread as the 2 fighters are quite similar in many ways.. My take would be a tough distance fight, with Mancini taking to one knee a couple of times in the early rounds, but coming back mid-way to nearly KO Hatton and cut him in an absolute thriller of a fight.. Hatton would then lose a couple of rounds while he held and hugged, but come on late in the fight to snatch a DC..
        That's the way i see it, one of those where both fighters end the bout battered and bruised after a 12 round war.. Over 15, I may favour Mancini, but over 12, it's a close call with a few 10-8 rounds..
        All those voting for a Mancini KO, don't seem to realize that Mancini didn't carry his power up in weight, and this would be contested at 140, a weight in which Ray had a good resume of defeats.. Hatton was able to move up to WW, and I won't say he was the star attraction by any means, but he was still able to grind out a title and be competetive against PBF.. I also believe this to be just past his prime, brief though it was..
        Both Mancini and Hatton were washed up by the age of 31, and this post does refer to a 26 year old Hatton vs a 30 year old Mancini.. Hatton UD..

Comment

i think a prime ricky would stop mancini......

Comment

I can respect all opinions on this thread as the 2 fighters are quite similar in many ways.. My take would be a tough distance fight, with Mancini taking to one knee a couple of times in the early rounds, but coming back mid-way to nearly KO Hatton and cut him in an absolute thriller of a fight.. Hatton would then lose a couple of rounds while he held and hugged, but come on late in the fight to snatch a DC..
            That's the way i see it, one of those where both fighters end the bout battered and bruised after a 12 round war.. Over 15, I may favour Mancini, but over 12, it's a close call with a few 10-8 rounds..
            All those voting for a Mancini KO, don't seem to realize that Mancini didn't carry his power up in weight, and this would be contested at 140, a weight in which Ray had a good resume of defeats.. Hatton was able to move up to WW, and I won't say he was the star attraction by any means, but he was still able to grind out a title and be competetive against PBF.. I also believe this to be just past his prime, brief though it was..
            Both Mancini and Hatton were washed up by the age of 31, and this post does refer to a 26 year old Hatton vs a 30 year old Mancini.. Hatton UD..
            Even tho everything is stacked in Hattons favor with Mancini being out of the ring for 4yrs and the fight being held at 140lbs i still see Mancini winning, Mancini was far better in every department than Hatton, he was faster, better ring-craft, punched harder, rolled with the punches, whereas Hatton had zero head movement and walked straight in... Fast two-fisted attacks from Mancini would take there toll on Hatton, i see Hatton being knocked out 9rds

Comment

Originally posted by sonnyboyx2 View Post
              Even tho everything is stacked in Hattons favor with Mancini being out of the ring for 4yrs and the fight being held at 140lbs i still see Mancini winning, Mancini was far better in every department than Hatton, he was faster, better ring-craft, punched harder, rolled with the punches, whereas Hatton had zero head movement and walked straight in... Fast two-fisted attacks from Mancini would take there toll on Hatton, i see Hatton being knocked out 9rds
              I doubt it.. Hatton's only been KO'd by ATG's, and Mancini wasn't a puncher at 140.. He wasn't exactly 'Mr Defensive' either, and like Hatton got marked up in most of his fights.. Ray was well known for shipping leather..

Comment

I doubt it.. Hatton's only been KO'd by ATG's, and Mancini wasn't a puncher at 140.. He wasn't exactly 'Mr Defensive' either, and like Hatton got marked up in most of his fights.. Ray was well known for shipping leather..
                Micky... Mancini could punch alright, also it was the volume of punches he threw, Mancini vs Duk Koo Kim would have been Top 3 Greatest fights in history if not for the tragic ending, Mancini was a two-fisted attacking fighter who applied unrelenting pressure, he was 3 Arturo Gatti`s rolled into one, Mancini could box good enough to beat Jose Louis Ramirez..how could we ever forget his titanic battles with Livingstone`pit-bull`Bramble.... here is a couple of Mancini links:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BJnZittYM7U

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lkE5_WTHQyQ

We can only express our opinions of how we see a Hatton vs Mancini hypothetical fight unfold, yet the one thing we can be sure of is, "What a hell of a fight it would be"

Comment

Micky... Mancini could punch alright, also it was the volume of punches he threw, Mancini vs Duk Koo Kim would have been Top 3 Greatest fights in history if not for the tragic ending, Mancini was a two-fisted attacking fighter who applied unrelenting pressure, he was 3 Arturo Gatti`s rolled into one, Mancini could box good enough to beat Jose Louis Ramirez..how could we ever forget his titanic battles with Livingstone`pit-bull`Bramble.... here is a couple of Mancini links:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BJnZittYM7U

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lkE5_WTHQyQ

We can only express our opinions of how we see a Hatton vs Mancini hypothetical fight unfold, yet the one thing we can be sure of is, "What a hell of a fight it would be"
                  Nothing against opinions.. The votes are very close as it goes, and a good reflection that it would be a very close fight.. But your using examples of a prime LW Mancini, as opposed to a fighter who wasn't quite the same a few years later..

Comment

u really are an idiot lol,your not english at all

Comment

Working...
                    X