Collapse
No announcement yet.

Re watched Mayweather vs. Ortiz.......

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re watched Mayweather vs. Ortiz.......

Honestly, puts into perspective how got damn good he is. The way he's able nullify Ortiz's offense, and EFFECTIVELY walk him down, without getting clipped with big shots, is amazing. Watching Ortiz/Peterson, and you're sitting there like, "damn these are 2 excellent fighters", then you watch how Floyd can just make Ortiz look subpar as an offensive fighter, and I'm just sitting there amazed at how at how many defensive moves he has to make you miss.

The subtleties to his defensive game, and his technical abilities are through the roof. The way he can just be at a spot before you're even anticipating it, and be at an angle to hit you square in the mouth is brilliant. I'm gonna stop hating on his ass.

This might seem like a random ass thread to you guys, but man I just got reminded at how much better Floyd is than almost every other fighter out there. It's not like I don't know how skilled he is, it's just that with the whole Pac/Floyd situation, it kinda made me put blinders on, and try to nit pick every little thing he does wrong.

From now on, I'm gonna stop hating the guy, and just appreciate his in ring abilities. Quote me on that.

P.S. Was a huge Floyd fan, then started to dislike him, because of the Pacquiao drama.

Now, I'm a fan of both, instead of one of them.

Flame away!

Edit: Another thing that made me watch this fight. I was watching the Trout/Canelo fight, and what Floyd said was true. The fight was much closer than people think. Especially the beginning stages. That made me think. Floyd was beating Cotto from the beginning, and really put into perspective, how dealing with Floyd is a different entity.
    Last edited by Scarcaztic; 02-27-2013, 03:17 AM.

Well I think he would be more appreciated when he retires and is gone in like 5-10 years, he is undoubtedly skilled but his ring IQ is what makes me watch him at every given opportunity.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
      Well I think he would be more appreciated when he retires and is gone in like 5-10 years, he is undoubtedly skilled but his ring IQ is what makes me watch him at every given opportunity.
      He dips his head, and spins out at the most ridiculous angles, in close quarters. It's truly amazing how he makes you miss, while 99.9% of fighters would be in a dog fight in that situation.

His ring IQ is off the charts. One thing though. Roger doesn't get enough credit. I know he gives Floyd a game plan before each fight. That fool knows the science.

Comment

People can criticize Mayweathers personality and character all they want....but its hard to argue the boxing genius of Money. His ability to adapt is what impresses me most...he's definitely lost the legs he had in the past, but was able to adapt to age and become just as good as he is/was on the outside as he is in the inside....he also is able to learn and pickup on his opponent game plan within like 2 rounds and adapt and then completely dominate...the most apparent example of this was Mayweather/Mosley..

Floyd can also be criticized for 'ducking' too, i think he ducked a few...but i dont think he did this because he thought they could beat him...MONEY is what is always on his mind..he knows exactly when to fight an opponent in regards to risk/reward.

History will most likely be very kind to Floyd

Comment

Nah i'm gonna keep hating him. The only difference is I can still put it aside and appreciate his skill. Some people get so consumed by the hate they make dumb posts making you think they have no knowledge of boxing at all.

Comment

Floyd is a special fighter. So is Manny. So is JMM.

If you hate them too much to appreciate them, you're missing the **** out.

Comment

The second half of the Peterson fight is why I knew Mayweather would kick the crap out of Ortiz. Way too many people convinced themselves that Ortiz was a different fighter at 147, with nothing to back it up.

I laughed so hard when Ortiz got knocked out. That was some of the stupidest **** I've ever seen a fighter do.

Comment

Originally posted by Rip Chudd View Post
                Nah i'm gonna keep hating him. The only difference is I can still put it aside and appreciate his skill. Some people get so consumed by the hate they make dumb posts making you think they have no knowledge of boxing at all.
                Yeah. I'll never again be a fan, but he's one hell of a fighter.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
                  The second half of the Peterson fight is why I knew Mayweather would kick the crap out of Ortiz. Way too many people convinced themselves that Ortiz was a different fighter at 147, with nothing to back it up.

I laughed so hard when Ortiz got knocked out. That was some of the stupidest **** I've ever seen a fighter do.
                  Live, I didn't know what to think but all the crying and booing from the crowd was hilarious. The crying got even louder as they replayed the two piece over and over

39:50

Comment

Im sorry, but im not sold on all this Floyd arse licking.

In the ortiz fight he was actaully getting through. With some clean shots. It really wa a shame that floyd cheap shtted him.

Shane mosley at 38 years of age, very nearly koed floyd in round 2, it was basically him gassing out that made floyd "look good".

Cotto, way past his best and wrong weight class got through many times on floyd, with very little subtley. DHL won their fight nd he was past his best, i could go on, castollo robery etc.

Facts are hes signed a 6 fight deal that shows hes either addicted to money or hes got a gambling problem and has massive debts. EAITHER WAY i dont think it will end well for him

Comment

Working...
                    X