No announcement yet.

Canelo vs GGG 2 1080p 50Fps No Commentary

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Boxing_1013 View Post
    Sorry but just realized I never commented on one main head-scratching comment I saw in your post...on the bold...most people acknowledge GGG raised his level in the 2nd half of the fight...I thought the first half was pretty even, with GGG again outworking Canelo most rounds, but Canelo having a few rounds where he landed the best shot or shots of the round so there were some close ones there.

But most seem to give GGG most of the later ones...I personally can't see how GGG doesn't get 9 10 and 11 every time...and 7 8 and 12 were all close rounds as well, with no clear ones to Canelo...4-2 for GGG is probably the worst he could do in those last 6, and is I think always how I've scored those last 6.

Think you make a good point about GGG possibly taking some lasting damage in that fight and maybe the first fight too...at his age those were a couple of wars that may leave some marks on him.

But to say that he gave in...I mean that just kind of takes away from your credibility there...he really raised his level at the end of the fight.

GGG has some stuff you can criticize him for, like any other fighter...but comments like that kind of take away from valid criticism he does/should receive.

We could all probably agree that he could have been more impressive vs Canelo or Jacobs or Derevy in those 4 fights...but he certainly didn't give in to Canelo lol...he raised his level in those championship rounds while Canelo was fading...and imho GGG secured the win, clearly, with his performance in those last few rounds.

Again, Canelo is a great fighter and does a lot of really good things...but he just got outworked in both fights...his stamina issues combined with GGG's stamina and workrate just meant a lot of rounds where GGG won by volume...and then there were a lot of close rounds in there as well...and very few if any clear Canelo rounds.

Canelo could honestly take a cue from Sergei in his fight with GGG...with how active Sergei was...it nullified GGG's own workrate and took away GGG's advantage of piling up some rounds in his fights by just outworking his opponent.

GGG is fortunate he dropped Sergei in round 1 and opened the big cut in round which should give him that round...otherwise GGG very easily could have taken a legit L in that one...and not just a Vegas scorecard L

But yeah in any event good posts man.

threw very little jabs, almost no body work, very little follow up in reposnse / taking a punch for an answer without a rebuttal. you saw none of this early in his career. his chin was also a lot better in his prime. he would take punches and snarl. it's clear as day that he's got 3 fights left maximum, and that his prime was pretty much over by the time canelo got in the ring with him. and that was orchestrated, by the way. canelo's team saw something. they had a mexican backing and they were getting away with the "155 lb division" BS until the jacobs and brook fights, where golovkin looked to be showing some real age.

Comment

I thought your post had some good points about GGG...but then I also wondered what exactly you were seeing in there in that fight and some of his others lol...for example GGG took more of a 'beating' vs Ouma about 10 years prior...no real debate imo about which of those fights was physically tougher for him...and I wouldn't say overall that GGG has taken that much damage/punishment really...he's actually pretty cautious when he needs to be.

And I mean everybody has taken some shots in their careers lol...look at even Floyd vs Maidana for example...the key is to not take prolonged punishment like that in fights and get stopped/hurt etc...and GGG so far hasn't had really very many moments like that...his only really 'worrisome' fight imo was his latest one vs Sergei, so I think your point about that fight is very fair in a way.

And I do agree that he is probably slipping a bit...though I think the fight he recently had vs SD was also a case of facing a hungry guy who is really talented and knew this was maybe his last chance to win the big one...GGG certainly imho had a much tougher and more competitive fight vs Sergei than either fight he had vs Canelo...your eyes should tell you that, as well as any punch data.

Again, Canelo did some really good things in both fights...but yeah the only way imho one can give either one to Canelo, or not give GGG 2 clear wins, is to not score a lot of GGG's work in those fights...I guess that's why people want to not score his jab or something? I mean it's bizarre really lol...like Teddy Atlas said after the 2nd fight - 'do we just not score the jab anymore?'

But anyway...yeah I think Canelo really did some very good things in both fights, definitely fight 2...but I think it's a bit cheap to not give GGG the credit he deserves in fight 2 for really still winning that fight as well.

Even at 37, to really outwork a prime Canelo...I mean I actually think it's pretty impressive...certainly didn't see this dominant performance from Canelo there...again I'm not entirely sure how a forum of boxing guys, who should know how to score fight pretty well, swear that Canelo was dominating that 2nd fight when GGG was doing some really really good work in almost every round, and generally outworking Canelo in every round.

I can't find one Canelo round in either fight where he lands both the best shot or shots of the rounds AND also outlands GGG by a few punches or so...that says a lot really!! Do you guys have an example of such a round, or a clear Canelo round in either fight? And not based on what the Vegas judges say...I mean a round that you guys can point to and say 'this is an obvious Canelo round'...genuinely curious...never seen one.

Not to pick on your avatar..but it's just funny the way we see things sometimes...Ward is given two very fortunate official wins vs Kovalev in his fights...and GGG very unfortunate to have 1 loss and 1 draw officially vs Canelo.

But some see the 2nd Canelo fight as a blight on GGG's legacy (even though it was a clear win imho)...and I guess some give Ward a lot of credit for his official win vs Kov in fight 1 (though that was clearly a bad decision as well and a clear loss).

In any event, I don't quite get your logic on all of that stuff lol, but good post my friend!

I would be interested to see what rounds you guys gave to each fighter in each fight...I don't think the 2 fights were that hard to score personally.

If Canelo fought GGG's fight and vice versa, I would score both 8-4 to Canelo...all I can say really...when you outwork a guy like that in almost every round, and he struggles to win any clear round vs you...you should win both fights.

nah, you are just a silly g-string... we are used to you casuals talking stupidity

never seen anyone blurt out as much utter nonsense as you, fanboy LMAO

it is clearly obvious who won the rematch... and it is clearly obvious who is the better-skilled, more well-rounded, fighter

if you silly g-strings cannot see that... then it suxx to be you

that is why we laugh at you casuals

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
        threw very little jabs, almost no body work, very little follow up in reposnse / taking a punch for an answer without a rebuttal. you saw none of this early in his career. his chin was also a lot better in his prime. he would take punches and snarl. it's clear as day that he's got 3 fights left maximum, and that his prime was pretty much over by the time canelo got in the ring with him. and that was orchestrated, by the way. canelo's team saw something. they had a mexican backing and they were getting away with the "155 lb division" BS until the jacobs and brook fights, where golovkin looked to be showing some real age.
        Bro he threw and landed jabs all day long in both fights...and I hear you on you or anyone else saying 'GGG didn't look as good vs Canelo or Jacobs as he usually does'...definitely looked worn and had a very close fight imho vs Sergei...and even looked a bit off vs Brook to a certain degree...though I think that was an impressive enough win from GGG as well.

So if someone wants to judge him for not dominating those guys more...that is fair...and it is fair to wonder whether he wasn't quite as great as advertised (by some) or if he really just had age catch up with him.

But at the same time, those guys didn't really look that great either vs GGG compared to how they usually look...that's just how it goes when you face another top dog in there...look at how Canelo (1st fight) and Jacobs fought in there with GGG...they never take a step back against anyone, yet were doing that all night vs GGG...Brook's career got ended basically in 5 rounds vs GGG...Sergei still took like 230 shots in that fight and got KD and cut up bad.

I agree that he is on the decline and maybe has a few more good fights left in him...he may have none left...we will see...but just judging his fights based on what I see in the ring, he has still been very very hard to beat even the last few years...because he is so active, especially with the jab.

He just scores all day long from my view, and generally outworks his opponent..and doesn't generally take a lot of huge shots...he has always taken some but not really any more than any other top fighter imho...he did look a bit slow to defend vs Sergei in the last fight though and took more hard shots than I've ever seen him take, and maybe he is done...we will see in his next fight really.

Obviously scoring a round/fight isn't as simple as tabulating up the punch totals...but when you look at how GGG outlanded (all compubox total which isn't perfect but generally gets it about right) Brook by 48 punches in 4.5 rounds...Jacobs by 56 punches in 12 rounds...Canelo by 32 in the 2nd fight and by 49 in the first fight...I mean I don't see how anyone can look at those stats and not be really really impressed with Golovkin in those fights.

Again those aren't everything...but they certainly say something.

Comment

Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
          nah, you are just a silly g-string... we are used to you casuals talking stupidity

never seen anyone blurt out as much utter nonsense as you, fanboy LMAO

it is clearly obvious who won the rematch... and it is clearly obvious who is the better-skilled, more well-rounded, fighter

if you silly g-strings cannot see that... then it suxx to be you

that is why we laugh at you casuals
          Hey Canelo is a great fighter man...he presented some problems for GGG...unfortunately GGG is really really good and his stamina/workrate combined with Canelo's only really fighting in spurts just means it is a tough matchup for Canelo.

If you really saw Canelo get a draw in the first fight and dominate the second fight...I mean OK if that's what you really saw, good for you...I certainly didn't see that and don't really see how anyone keeping it real could view those as anything but 8-4 type wins for GGG.

At the end of the day I don't really care because I don't think 95% of those who get on GGG for stuff really keep it very real...and similarly you can't seemingly find one or 5 nice things to say about a guy who outlanded Canelo by heavy margins in both fights.

I mean how anyone who claims to know boxing can really try and slight a guy who had that type of performance, and then hype the guy up who was getting outworked like that...I mean you just don't seem credible or neutral at all man.

But hey I at least think you get your politics more or less right from what I can tell!! For whatever reason I think your radar is way off on GGG though.

Comment

Hey Canelo is a great fighter man...he presented some problems for GGG...unfortunately GGG is really really good and his stamina/workrate combined with Canelo's only really fighting in spurts just means it is a tough matchup for Canelo.

If you really saw Canelo get a draw in the first fight and dominate the second fight...I mean OK if that's what you really saw, good for you...I certainly didn't see that and don't really see how anyone keeping it real could view those as anything but 8-4 type wins for GGG.

At the end of the day I don't really care because I don't think 95% of those who get on GGG for stuff really keep it very real...and similarly you can't seemingly find one or 5 nice things to say about a guy who outlanded Canelo by heavy margins in both fights.

I mean how anyone who claims to know boxing can really try and slight a guy who had that type of performance, and then hype the guy up who was getting outworked like that...I mean you just don't seem credible or neutral at all man.

But hey I at least think you get your politics more or less right from what I can tell!! For whatever reason I think your radar is way off on GGG though.
            GGG lost, Canelo won. Get over that fact and stop crying like a little bish

There is nothing you can do about it

Comment

Originally posted by mcdonalds View Post
              GGG lost, Canelo won. Get over that fact and stop crying like a little bish

There is nothing you can do about it
              I literally don't care at all man lol...I like to talk boxing so here I am.

If you really saw Canelo win either fight then good for you...I didn't and don't really see how anyone objective can.

But I understand that you have a lot of your self-worth tied up in Canelo doing well so keep being a fan man...I'm not mad at ya.

Comment

I saw Canelo draw the first, and get a CLEAR WIN in the rematch

clear win, as-in... he CLEARLY won, no question

if you think Golovkin won 8 rounds in the first fight... then you are just a fool

in 5 of those rounds...

1) Canelo won CLEANLY/CLEARLY
                2) ALL 3 judges awarded those 5 rounds to Canelo

you are a shlt-talking golov-muppet who does not know how to score a professional boxing match... we have already established that fact

Comment

so... the guy who thinks that Golovkin has one of the best resumes OF ALL TIME... also thinks that Golovkin won 8 rounds in the first fight

no real surprise there LMAO

FACT: Golovkin could not get his game going in EITHER of those fights

trust that golov-muppet to not notice that fact... as he was frantically counting everything that closely resembled a jab on his fingers... like the official judges do

Comment

Working...
                  X