No announcement yet.

Joseph Parker to Anthony Joshua "Do you really want to fight?"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PensionKiller View Post
    How much do you think can be generated by AJ and Wilder in Vegas? Vegas is the place to be, but are they big enough? It will affect UK PPV (about 25 to 30 dollars) if it's in Vegas due to 4 AM.
    I think it could be a monster fight in Las Vegas, especially if they really push the fight (with the summer lull being what it is, having Wilder-Joshua on the lips of the sports world from June through August would lead to a ton of heat); not sure how aggressively the tickets get priced, but it wouldn't shock me to see the fight do $10m-$15m in face value tickets at the gate.

The UK PPV would definitely be hit, but I doubt the hit would be as drastic as some seem to think.

To that, you can then add that the US TV money would significantly increase (folks will argue, but the fight is clearly PPV in the US, and will likely do really well on PPV).

Comment

Originally posted by Scipio2009 View Post
      I think it could be a monster fight in Las Vegas, especially if they really push the fight (with the summer lull being what it is, having Wilder-Joshua on the lips of the sports world from June through August would lead to a ton of heat); not sure how aggressively the tickets get priced, but it wouldn't shock me to see the fight do $10m-$15m in face value tickets at the gate.

The UK PPV would definitely be hit, but I doubt the hit would be as drastic as some seem to think.

To that, you can then add that the US TV money would significantly increase (folks will argue, but the fight is clearly PPV in the US, and will likely do really well on PPV).
      If it's big enough for a US PPV then that is good.
      10-15 Mil gate is quite high though. I mean the UFC barely hit those figures.
      I am not sure other than Floyd, Oscar and Manny what the gate figures are, but if it hit those figures then that would be good. Maybe Canelo would get those numbers of course.

So the summer. I guess they need a build up fight after December then.

Comment

Originally posted by sunny31 View Post
        No I didn't you petty little t w a t. Read the post again, I said beat Joshua and have 3 belts. Meaning the two Joshua has plus the one he's carrying.

The extra significance being when it comes to unifying for the last belt, the guy with the majority and the win over Joshua definitely has the upper hand in negotiations.
        Joshua is simply more popular, belts really have nothing to do with it. Again, your lame azz to justify why he shouldn't fight the top guys because of finances.

But it is typical of fan boys only to want to watch their fighter fight instead of challenging themselves.

Comment

Originally posted by juggernaut666 View Post
          Hes not my champ ,hes boxings champ and his popularity backs that up . Calling you stupid isnt hard bc you have the comprehension of a 13 year old if that . The irony here is you are suggesting what stupid is in your Avi and you have no room to even mention that word so it seems you are beginning to underestimate yourself . lol
          You are just another fan boy. I know it is prizefighting but in the end I don't care how they get there as long as they fight. Once you come into name calling you lose because you simply don't have anything constructive to say.

Saying that fight shouldn't happen because AJ should have a massive advantage in negotiations is as lame as it gets.

And you right on my avi, look how all the ppl jumping in the band wagon in that AJ should not fight anybody of note because he deserves all the money
          Last edited by STREET CLEANER; 11-16-2017, 07:30 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by White Willy View Post
            I don't get Team Parker's approach. They are obviously trying to do their negotiating in public. I think Charles Martin was paid a flat fee whereas Joseph Parker has been offered a percentage. I believe Martin was paid $6-7 million? So $3.5 million for Team Parker would have to be less than 25%. I really doubt Matchroom offered them that little. Saying "we want at least the same as Martin" doesn't work because AJ has grown massively since then as a brand. If Martin got 40%/$7 million, then 40% now would likely be over £10 million.

That is what have notice, i think they were even calling press conferences to discuss negotiations. Maybe they think that would put pressure on Team Joshua. Hope it works for them.

Comment

Originally posted by iamboxing View Post
              So, Wlad said he's definitely retired yet AJ keeps mentioning a rematch with him if he comes back and only mentions Parker and Wilder as a fight that will happen in the future. What does that tell you about their plans?
              It tells Parker and Wilder that AJ doesn't need them remotely as much as they need him.

Comment

Originally posted by STREET CLEANER View Post
                Joshua is simply more popular, belts really have nothing to do with it. Again, your lame azz to justify why he shouldn't fight the top guys because of finances.

But it is typical of fan boys only to want to watch their fighter fight instead of challenging themselves.
                You are literally too stupid to have a conversation with. Have a nice day.

Comment

1. it's stupid to say "lets have the fight in the US" because the UK is killing it right now for boxing. America is not. 2. For Parker's team to talk in the public about the fight and say that "well Martin got this much" is also stupid because their plan is going to backfire and they will end up fighting in Japan, Russia or Australia in fights that Parker can lose, except the Japanese fight, he can win that one. 3. Parker's last fight was on YouTube so he has absolutely no leverage in the negations this go round. The only thing he has is that belt so his best bet would be to stop running his mouth and sit down with Hearn to try and figure out the best split, all while knowing that he cannot sell out a high school gym. The Fury fight was fought in front of a crowd of 5,000... 4. His only other option would be to fight Wilder but their fight would not amount to much either because neither one of them can bring a crowd. Yes the winner would have a second belt to bring to the Joshua fight but other than that, they both would split under 1 million apiece. Wilder and Parker are both acting like little girls about this whole thing. They need to sit down with Hearn and figure it out like men.

Comment

Originally posted by sunny31 View Post
                    You are literally too stupid to have a conversation with. Have a nice day.
                    We are not having a conversation, we are debating a topic. Once you go to name calling you lost the conversation. And thanks, I will have a nice day

Comment

https://twitter.com/joeboxerparker/s...27870437556224

Comment

Working...
                      X