Collapse
No announcement yet.

are japanese cars more reliable than american cars

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you are going to go luxary a Lexus is going to last longer than a Cadillac or BMW .

Comment

German cars are higher quality, which is why they come with an higher price tag. American cars look and feel cheap because they are.

Comment

Originally posted by //// View Post
        They are engineered by multinational firms, the parts are purchased from the same handful of large multinational contractors and they're assembled in factories around the world for logistics/tax optimization.

In extreme cases are even based off of the same universal platform and merely rebranded depending on positive/negative brand image the country of sale. Back in the day Mitsubishis were sold as Dodges. Nowadays Renault/Nissan/Mitsubishi use a modular platform for several models and rebrand it depending on country of sale.

You can tell absolutely nothing about reliability or design approach based on which country the corporate entity marketing a car is based in.

That's what you thought I meant? that their location of assembly changes the engineering? Really? You are a definitely a dull subhuman who communicates in text-grunts.
        I hate to admit that you are right. There is really no such thing as belonging to any country anymore. It is really corporation and most corporation are anywhere and everywhere they can get a bang for their buck. Names don't mean squat anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by JcLazyX210 View Post
          My Buick is way more reliable than my BMW.
          You probably took care of it. BMWs arent really known for reliability.

Wife and I have Audis and there are things that bug me as far as refinement and reliability are concerned.

Nothing beats Lexus and Toyotas. They are kings..

Next cars are gonna be Toyota Land cruiser or Lexus 570 for sure.

Comment

I have a 2002 Toyota Tundra, original power train 189,000 miles still running like a champ.

Comment

Nothing is more suitable than the next Tesla that car is amazing it updates itself, I know everyone is scared of it going stupid but direct drive is still the main control and it’s fast af there is nothing better than Tesla unless you going for looks or muscle, these cars are built to last for decades not years.

Comment

I've been happy with South Korean cars for a while now.

I'm watching the Chinese makers to see if they can perform a similar stunt to other countries in the region - going from 'cheap and nasty' to 'cheap and good' to 'moderately priced and exceptional'.

Comment

Anybody here ever owned a Acura ?

Comment

Originally posted by FinitoxDinamita View Post
                    You probably took care of it. BMWs arent really known for reliability.

Wife and I have Audis and there are things that bug me as far as refinement and reliability are concerned.

Nothing beats Lexus and Toyotas. They are kings..

Next cars are gonna be Toyota Land cruiser or Lexus 570 for sure.
                    You are right nothing is better than Lexus and Toyotas.

Comment

Originally posted by JcLazyX210 View Post
                      My Buick is way more reliable than my BMW.
                      bimmer is a money trap!! if you're not stable, do not get a bmw! your first service check might surprise you if you've never had these type of cars before.

Comment

Working...
                      X