Golovkin was willing to fight Chavez Jr and Froch at 168

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Goddamn GGG!!! He ruined my life!

Comment

HOLY **** THIS IS THE FIRST TIME THIS BULL**** HAS BEEN POSTED ON THIS FORUM.

THANKS SO MUCH FOR BRINGING THIS HORSE**** INTO OUR LIFE AGAIN.

Seriously, go take your meds and stop being such a useless troll.

Comment

Lol two guys who bring in crowds and big money. Smh. Dont anyone truly understand the boxing business anymore

Comment

Originally posted by larryxxx. View Post
          But wanted 164 for Ward????
          Simple. . Frotch and chavez jr are bigger paydays than ward. And ward is a more dangerous fighter than frotch and chavez jr. Same reason mayweather picks and chooses his opponents when he moves up in weight.

Comment

its really simple guys froch and chavez were big paydays! so was canelo....ggg never cared about being great or challenging himself against the best...he just cared about paydays...contrary to what his fans have told us for years....the evidence is right there and in their answers

Comment

Very high risk (of losing), low reward for GGG. No brainer there. I like GGG but it doesn't take a brain surgeon to know GGG and team wanted no part of Ward. That being said though, it was a mismatch then and would've also been today (even more today). You can't blame Ward for trying to lure GGG for a fight though because the irony there is it would've been Ward's biggest commercial fight of his career with how HBO was promoting GGG. It definitely would've been a bigger success than both Ward vs Kovalev fights combined. The fact that Canelo scored his 2nd biggest PPV outing with GGG says something about GGG's current appeal with the masses, something I feel Ward (while won't admit it) wishes he had throughout his career.
              Last edited by RL_GMA; 09-27-2017, 02:55 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by larryxxx. View Post
                But wanted 164 for Ward????
                Nope, 166 for Froch

Comment

Originally posted by RL_GMA View Post
                  Very high risk (of losing), low reward for GGG. No brainer there. I like GGG but it doesn't take a brain surgeon to know GGG and team wanted no part of Ward. That being said though, it was a mismatch then and would've also been today (even more today). You can't blame Ward for trying to lure GGG for a fight though because the irony there is it would've been Ward's biggest commercial fight of his career with how HBO was promoting GGG. It definitely would've been a bigger success than both Ward vs Kovalev fights combined. The fact that Canelo scored his 2nd biggest PPV outing with GGG says something about GGG's current appeal with the masses, something I feel Ward (while won't admit it) wishes he had throughout his career.
                  this is common sense...but you cant get golovkin fans to admit anything.....ward would have beaten golovkin easily....probably very easily actually

but it was ok for golovkin and company to go around running their mouths in their minds....."hey you cant duck someone not in your division"....even though he was out there trying to fight guys in 168....you cant go around trying to make fights in the division and then tuck tail when the best from that division comes calling....thats cowardice IMO

Comment

Why not? Most fighters look for an advantage when they are facing a dangerous fighter. They all can but Golovkin can't? Canelo has made a career of fighting smaller guys until recently. Mayweather spent the 2nd half of his career fighting past-prime stand out guys.

Comment

The lie:

Originally posted by Death_Adder View Post
                      "GGG, move up and fight Ward"
                      lil'g - "um, NOPE!"
                      The truth:

In 2013 -

HBO: "GGG, are you ready to fight Andre Ward?"

GGG: "Yes"

HBO: "Andre, are you ready to fight GGG?

Ward: "No"

In 2015 -

"GGG, move up and fight Ward at 168 .. but not yet .. sometime next year, when he's had another tune up."

GGG: "I'll be busy at 160 next year. Tell him to get back to me when he's ready to fight."

In 2017:

Ward: "I haven't been able make 168 for years. That's why I moved up to 175 to fight Kovalev"
                      Last edited by kafkod; 09-27-2017, 03:14 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X