Would you oppose a PBC world title?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would you oppose a PBC world title?

Why or why not?

Personally I was totally against a PBC world title when that was in the rumor mill. It was just going to be another trinket but now it makes a lot more sense. I think the sanctioning bodies over the passed couple years have become abundantly greedy by ripping boxers and fans off and adding to the divide in boxing. If PBC had all their fighters drop their belts minor and world, itd really stick it to the sanctioning bodies and itd set up some nice tournaments within their own brand. In a perfect world there wouldnt be a divide between promotions but its not that way so hopefully Haymon continues to maximize his clients revenue and drops their belts and forms his own title...

A PBC belt? What would that symbolize? Fighting cupcakes? Smh

Comment

Yes, way too many belts in boxing as it is.

Comment

Originally posted by saint laurent
        The point of a PBC belt would be to eliminate the other belts. So instead of 4, you'd have 1. PBC is trying to take over the entire sport. The 4 belts will eventually be extinct.

Do you really think that's going to happen? It wont.

Comment

Originally posted by krazyn8tive View Post
          A PBC belt? What would that symbolize? Fighting cupcakes? Smh
          Honestly itd hold a lot more weight than the WBA regular title, with a tournament that title would actually have to be earned unlike gaining a regular title, an interim title, a gold/diamond/silver (whatever the F) names there are now.

Comment

Yes, I would oppose that.

Comment

No chance, boxing has too many belts right now!

Comment

boxing needs to go back with just one champ per division thats it...
                no more questions

Comment

Originally posted by saint laurent
                  $5 million almost put the WBC out of business. What do you think $500 million can accomplish?
                  Exactly, hit them where it hurts and thats their wallet. Money should go to the fighter not the belt, these sanctioning bodies really do nothing for boxing, their really just a high end jewelry store renting out jewelry to A list actors.

Comment

i would be opposed.

I can see it now:

"The new champion of the world! Who just fought another tomato can!"

Comment

Working...
                    X