Collapse
No announcement yet.

Official Bitcoin & Cryptocurrency Discussion Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Speaking of bitcoin ATMs, I've actually bought a few bitcoins before via bitcoin ATM. This was back when they were around $300 a coin. Lol obviously I wish I would've saved em' knowing what I do now. But I spent them hoes.

Anyway the ATM was at a little coffee shop in the perfect part of town...the part of town where there's a bunch of grungy old music venues, trafficked mostly by hipsters. And there's certainly no shortage of drugs that trade hands in that part of the city.

I was sitting there in that coffee shop having a beer (lol it's a coffee shop with a full bar) and I was amazed at how many people would stop in just to use the ATM. I was there for about an hour and every 5 to 10 minutes someone would pop in to use the bitcoin ATM.

Comment

Originally posted by JimRaynor View Post
      Yeah welcome to 2015.
      2009*

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
      All of em. Every exchange doesn't deal in every coin.
      Good stuff.

In theory if you know a true believer in crypto who is betting on it taking over fiat money in the future you can just go to that guys house & have him hand you green & you can send him your crypto from your wallet to his wallet.

And I'm willing to bet there are more ways out there that others might be up on, but I'm not really cashing out via them cuz I know a guy who's a true believer + don't really cash out all that much anyway these days. And its worth noting there will be easier paths in & out of the crypto world in the coming months & years cuz its going nowhere & only going to become more mainstream as people grasp how superior it is to how things currently work.
      The truth.

I've been in and out of crypto ccy's for years. I came to the conclusion last year that crypto ccy's is the future and have since started accumulating a position in bitcoin and more recently ethereum.

I'm contemplating switching some of that position to a number of new up and coming alternative coins, e.g. Sia & Aragon.

Have any caught your attention?

Comment

Depends where you are & how connected you are or aren't with others in the crypto world.

In theory if you know a true believer in crypto who is betting on it taking over fiat money in the future you can just go to that guys house & have him hand you green & you can send him your crypto from your wallet to his wallet.

For most people I'd recommend using localbitcoin where you can trade both ways for various forms of currency & things of value including USD. Its sorta like an ebay of trading USD for BTC.

If you are less trusting of either of those means of exchanging your BTC for green you can just use CoinBase which is trying to become & I guess currently is the more mainstream means of flipping money, although they do take a bigger cut for allowing you to do that. But they do make it a whole lot easier cuz you can get funds flipping into your bank account in a few days.

And there are BTC ATM's in many cities as well these days. Usually they just allow you to purchase BTC's, but more & more are two way ATM's that allow you to withdraw.

And I'm willing to bet there are more ways out there that others might be up on, but I'm not really cashing out via them cuz I know a guy who's a true believer + don't really cash out all that much anyway these days. And its worth noting there will be easier paths in & out of the crypto world in the coming months & years cuz its going nowhere & only going to become more mainstream as people grasp how superior it is to how things currently work.
        You've turned me. I'm investing the savings, will fwd 3% of the profit when I cash out in 10 yrs.

Comment

Originally posted by Adamjr91 View Post
          2009*

Good stuff.

The truth.

I've been in and out of crypto ccy's for years. I came to the conclusion last year that crypto ccy's is the future and have since started accumulating a position in bitcoin and more recently ethereum.

I'm contemplating switching some of that position to a number of new up and coming alternative coins, e.g. Sia & Aragon.

Have any caught your attention?
          I got my toes dipped in a bunch of altcoins although I generally try to focus on 4-6 at a time with big positions since most altcoins are fickle or fickle-ish at a minimum.

I really like ANT/Aragon. And Sia has some future/upside too imo.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Kewl Hair View Post
            You've turned me. I'm investing the savings, will fwd 3% of the profit when I cash out in 10 yrs.
            Thank you kind sir :boobies:
            PACnPBFsuck PACnPBFsuck likes this.

Comment

I got my toes dipped in a bunch of altcoins although I generally try to focus on 4-6 at a time with big positions since most altcoins are fickle or fickle-ish at a minimum.

I really like ANT/Aragon. And Sia has some future/upside too imo.
              Is this a race to the most Bitcoins... or Ethereum?

I can't fault your picks on ANT/Aragon or Sia. I have positions in Lykke and Lisk. One is an forward thinking currency exchange, the other could become a big Dapp developer. Who knows at this point.

Comment

Is this a race to the most Bitcoins... or Ethereum?
                There is so much FUD meta game talk going on with BTC vs ETH & even ETC & LTC to a lesser degree who f#cking knows lol. I'm not smart enough to know all that sorta sh^t & willingly admit to it. I just know there is massive value right now in this space + one or many of these coins will be in everyones future.

As a guy unfazed with putting my money where my mouth is I'm still betting on BTC being the foreseeable future dominant force in the crypto world. As an investor there is probably more upside in the immediate future with mild risk in ETH & ETC + LTC cuz those are all coins which I could see double in value in the next several months & all have had impressive gains already. And there is incredible upside with the most risk, but with small capital needed in the rest of the alt coins.

Comment

There is so much FUD meta game talk going on with BTC vs ETH & even ETC & LTC to a lesser degree who f#cking knows lol. I'm not smart enough to know all that sorta sh^t & willingly admit to it. I just know there is massive value right now in this space + one or many of these coins will be in everyones future.

As a guy unfazed with putting my money where my mouth is I'm still betting on BTC being the foreseeable future dominant force in the crypto world. As an investor there is probably more upside in the immediate future with mild risk in ETH & ETC + LTC cuz those are all coins which I could see double in value in the next several months & all have had impressive gains already. And there is incredible upside with the most risk, but with small capital needed in the rest of the alt coins.
                  I feel as you do. BTC is the future, however I have reduced my exposure to it right now. I think it will rally heavily after Aug 1st, but anything is possible.

Just look at Bancor.. or is it Bank? Anyway, it is one big ponzi scheme. No guesses where the founders are come from. They took home 14% of the total crypto market cap in 3 hours.

The level of intelligence in this investment field is frighteningly low considering how complex the tech is.

Comment

I feel as you do. BTC is the future, however I have reduced my exposure to it right now. I think it will rally heavily after Aug 1st, but anything is possible.

Just look at Bancor.. or is it Bank? Anyway, it is one big ponzi scheme. No guesses where the founders are come from. They took home 14% of the total crypto market cap in 3 hours.

The level of intelligence in this investment field is frighteningly low considering how complex the tech is.
                    Your into ETH? Thats the move I'd agree. I don't think after hitting 3k that BTC is moving to 4k or 5k this summer, but I could definitely see ETH doubling before the leaves are falling. So its a % thing at this point. BTC will be lucky to have a 33% ROI while ETH in the same time is doubling in value. Doesn't take more than a C in 6th grade math to figure out the move there.

Matter of fact looking at this thread I see just two weeks ago when ETH was at $229ish apparently I said you can double your money if you bought it back then & sell when it hits $500 & I see today it hit $410ish. And honestly I see it hitting 1k sooner or later at this point.

And Lmfao at the rest of your post. No doubt there is some super sketchy sh^t always going on in the alt coins.

There's a podcast I listen to about new coins & its just sh^t coin & scam coin after sh^t coin & scam coin 95%+ of the time. Its f#cked up, but honestly I find it hilarious at the same time. Sooner or later it'll get more regulated & these will be looked at as the wild west days of crypto & we'll miss it.

Comment

Your into ETH? Thats the move I'd agree. I don't think after hitting 3k that BTC is moving to 4k or 5k this summer, but I could definitely see ETH doubling before the leaves are falling. So its a % thing at this point. BTC will be lucky to have a 33% ROI while ETH in the same time is doubling in value. Doesn't take more than a C in 6th grade math to figure out the move there.

Matter of fact looking at this thread I see just two weeks ago when ETH was at $229ish apparently I said you can double your money if you bought it back then & sell when it hits $500 & I see today it hit $410ish. And honestly I see it hitting 1k sooner or later at this point.

And Lmfao at the rest of your post. No doubt there is some super sketchy sh^t always going on in the alt coins.

There's a podcast I listen to about new coins & its just sh^t coin & scam coin after sh^t coin & scam coin 95%+ of the time. Its f#cked up, but honestly I find it hilarious at the same time. Sooner or later it'll get more regulated & these will be looked at as the wild west days of crypto & we'll miss it.
                      Yes I’m into ETH and have shifted some exposure to Monero. I think there is plenty of misinformation going on surrounding Bitcoin and Segwit2x/BIP148, which is suppressing its price. However I see a sharp rebound coming in Aug and wouldn’t be surprised if Bitcoin were trading in excess of USD4k in Sept.

I agree that the window of opportunity is closing in the crypto-sphere for the small investor. The US establishment are making moves to ruin it. Make hay while we can.

What are your thoughts on the Status ICO and what ICO’s/established Blockchain tokens have taken your interest?

Also, what is the podcast called?

Comment

Working...
                      X