Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Eleider Alvarez Plans To Batter Sergey Kovalev in Rematch

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think Alvarez stops him. If you watch the first fight, Kovalev started winning every round from the 3rd round on, at least in my opinion. But my problem is, he didn't started winning rounds because of his skills, but because he hurt Alvarez in the 3rd round, who then went into full survival mode and kept covering up for 3-4 rounds, so Kovalev was simply outlanding him as a result. But before he hurt him in the 3rd, Alvarez was outboxing him and countered him a hundred times with his jab. He was looking fresher and was beating Kov to the punch up till that point. Kov was looking very slow, slugish, and his reactions and timing were way off.

Comment

Originally posted by Dramacyde View Post
      Word is Kovalev has been drinking heavy during this training camp & of course McGirt doesn't give a ***** as long as he's getting paid.
      lies lies lies!

Comment

I was one of the few still leaning Kovalev in this rematch, but these legal problems have sent me over to Team Alvarez. Kov was sure entertaining and was good for 175 a couple years ago, but he is just unable to stay out of his own way. Trainers coming and going, accused of smacking a woman around, and there always seems to be some kind of smack talk internally from his camps. Even if he does get this belt back, which in no way would be shocking, he has simply not shown enough to go with the best in this division anymore. Even in his last couple wins he had ugly moments.

He really seemed to be building a Hall of Fame caliber career. Now, he seems to be one loss away from being relegated to "nice resume building win" for other fighters the rest of his time in the ring. He is really in dire need of this win.

Comment

Not sure how to call this one

Comment

Can't wait for this. Kov still has big power and a great jab.

Alvarez is technical and it will be a great fight

Comment

rooting for kovalev but i think Alvarez knowing he has the power to hurt kovalev will strategically go after kovalev this time around..I've got Alvarez by early ko or decision

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
                if thats true kovalev will win since he is the one picking the judges. just look at hte cards for the first fight. now he is the andre ward with all the control
                But it's a top rank promoted card and Alvarez signed with top rank so not sure kovalev gets to pick the judges.

Comment

Originally posted by Offic.Scorecard View Post
                  I think Alvarez stops him. If you watch the first fight, Kovalev started winning every round from the 3rd round on, at least in my opinion. But my problem is, he didn't started winning rounds because of his skills, but because he hurt Alvarez in the 3rd round, who then went into full survival mode and kept covering up for 3-4 rounds, so Kovalev was simply outlanding him as a result. But before he hurt him in the 3rd, Alvarez was outboxing him and countered him a hundred times with his jab. He was looking fresher and was beating Kov to the punch up till that point. Kov was looking very slow, slugish, and his reactions and timing were way off.

You mean 4th round but yeah.

Comment

Originally posted by Dramacyde View Post
                    Word is Kovalev has been drinking heavy during this training camp & of course McGirt doesn't give a ***** as long as he's getting paid.
                    Any source?

Comment

Kovalev KO's alvarez and then KO's his court case. Celebrates with a 3 day vodka binge.

Comment

Working...
                      X