No announcement yet.

Canelo Alvarez vs. Keith Thurman Possible For 2013

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
    Sure everybody wants the big fights. The difference is Canelo is a world champ and a huge money maker himself and Thurman is not. So guess who will have a better chance to fight those guys first. Hey, maybe Thurman could fight Lara.
    He got the title from a ww..before and since then he still fighting ww or jr ww that make him a paper champ..he's been avoiding the entire 154 division..he want to get the payday against p4p #1 without fight any top 20 in his own weight or a top 500 p4p...the sad thing is that floyd is widely known for a cherry picker soo he will probably chose him due to canelo's lack of expirience against top level opposition....PS:lara will fight anybody anyday but i think that judge him for his acts he prefer to fight ppl from his own weight division...

Comment

I think Thurman wrecks the Ginger... it will be an awesome fight though

Comment

would love to see this ASAP.

Comment

i would love to see this fight and canelo's chin has been suspect and thurman has crazy power it would be a good fight

Comment

Originally posted by Mayweather41-0 View Post
            i would love to see this fight and canelo's chin has been suspect and thurman has crazy power it would be a good fight
            sure would be a good scrap

Comment

what has thurman

done to deserve this fight? I mean Canelo isnt worthy of a fight with May, Martinez or Cotto but atleast he has a belt...

Comment

Originally posted by Angry Cuban View Post
                Canelo will never match himself against somebody who can punch if is not a big pay day...
                do you blame him? he draws crowds why big risk low reward?? you wouldnt do it either so dont hate. all you do is spew hate on the boards man ....

Comment

Originally posted by Sparkman0811 View Post
                  I can see Thurman fighting guys like Maidana, Angulo, and Kirkland as step up fights. If he gets past those than he should be put up for a title fight. However, I really don't understand what people see in him since he is a very sloppy fighter. I think many people in boxing like when a fighter has power and are blinded by it, in a way. Power punchers are good, but it takes more than that to make it to the top. I don't see him getting too far, with power alone. But, let's see what happens.
                  Name me one fighter that has 6 national amature titles and a silver medal at the olympic trials only being a puncher. I am sure as his career unfold we will see that Thurman does what he needs to. Punch, box or a combination of both.

Comment

Originally posted by Keitha313 View Post
                    They can't match Thurman with Canelo...
                    That fight would be waaaay to soon for Keith Thurman he hasn't fought anybody really notable to be worth a mention in the same breath as Canelo.
                    Pure comedy! I think the names can be inter-changed and the statement will still be true!

Comment

Originally posted by Cleto_Reyes View Post
                      do you blame him? he draws crowds why big risk low reward?? you wouldnt do it either so dont hate. all you do is spew hate on the boards man ....
                      Yes I do blame him...I hate him cuz he got that belt from a WW...since then only fought old WW or JWW..living all the other 154 pounders without a shot at the title..he should have fought molina, lara, vanes or every other ranked JMW but instead he took in the smaller guys who can't punch back with the same strength...he beat little Solis and he blame his brother(not honor in that)...I have no problem with him if he vacate the title and still fighting smaller guys but he won't do it...now he never beat anybody and he is acting like a star..this kid is not good for the sport...if somebody else who never fought ppl from his weight or a top 500 p4p call out the p4p #1 will be eated alive in this site but canelo get a pass cuz his stupid blind but huge fanbase..

Comment

Working...
                      X