Collapse
No announcement yet.

floyd fight was a massive failure for canelo

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Was the 2nd highest PPV fight in boxing history, he made a ton of money for himself and got the opportunity to fight one of the best fighters in this era, how is that a massive failure?

Comment

Originally posted by -DSG- View Post
      Don't think it hurt but it didn't help either he is in the same position he was before the Floyd fight.
      Yes, difference is he has 10's of millions in his pocket.
      So you're right it didn't hurt him, it benefited him.

Comment

Originally posted by MRCHOKEaMF View Post
        two pounds would not have mattered with his gameplan to outbox Floyd, and Marquez admitted he doesnt want any part of Floyd in a rematch because it wouldnt go much diff.....And everyone on here knows you blow manny and we know you think he's jesus christ...dont throw stones in a glass house
        I can see you never boxed 1 pound can make you weak if your body has trouble with that one pound. I know I had to do it

Comment

Originally posted by jrrod02 View Post
          Was the 2nd highest PPV fight in boxing history, he made a ton of money for himself and got the opportunity to fight one of the best fighters in this era, how is that a massive failure?
          Exactly, it's funny how kids on the internet who really don't know anything about the sport make these idiotic threads.

Canelo is a better fighter today because of that fight. Experience means so much in a sport like boxing, and it wasn't like Victor Ortiz experience vs Mayweather. That was tragic.

Canelo got beat, but he didn't get beat up. He learned from the experience and made a ton of money.

Comment

All I know is every win Canelo gets does wonders for Floyd's resume lol.

Comment

Working...
            X