Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would it be bigger if the Anthony Joshua vs Oleksandr Usyk fight happens in the US?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would it be bigger if the Anthony Joshua vs Oleksandr Usyk fight happens in the US?

What do you think?

Can't wait to see this fight happen this year.

Good question, they both are well known in UK so my guess would be to make it there but US market is bigger but PPVs don't sell there. Don't really know.

Comment

nah...gotta be UK "for the fans"

12.5 flat

Comment

Promoters and fighters know the US Dollar is the best thing.

Usyk vs Joshua at MSG would be MASSIVE!

Ukranian American Demographics. The states with the largest Ukrainian American populations are New York (148,700). Because bigger fighters attract more, there's a more natural pull of fans to see Usyk over Lomachenko at MSG.

With 20K seating at MSG for Usyk vs Joshua. If Joshua does good numbers with Miller then DAZN will be some very happy campers.

Comment

gotta be in the UK because AJs fans deserve it

12.5 k flat for usyk

Comment

Is this more of the "who's the A side?" stuff.

Boxing isn't that popular in the US right now, is it?

Comment

Usyk might be a huge talent . But he is practically Unknown in the U.S.
              The Miller fight should be a good gauge as to Joshua's selling power in the U.S .
              Unfortunately I seriously doubt this fight would do Great ticket sales or PPV buys if staged in the U.S .

Comment

I don't mind where it is staged as long as it is made. Important thing is fans are given other choices to watch. They're sick of the back and forth blame game perpetuated by the B-side.

I'd love to see this co-featured by Povetkin vs Ortiz or Whyte vs Ortiz.

Make it happen!

Comment

I don't mind where either.
                  I'd probably prefer it take place in the UK.
                  The attendance is more massive up there.

Comment

Originally posted by Curt Henning View Post
                    gotta be in the UK because AJs fans deserve it

12.5 k flat for usyk
                    That's twice you've said that all on the same page. Must grate to see Wilder get punked and shown to be a coward.

Usyk wouldn't ask for that much. He'd get around 8/9 Mill. He'd see that as huge money and take the fight in a heart beat because he's a real fighter and not a delusional coward like America keep on producing.

Comment

Working...
                    X