Collapse
No announcement yet.

the cure or the smiths

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Cure. I love both bands, but The Cure for me had a better overall sound (on their best albums), and had variety coming out of their ass. If the Smiths had stayed together longer, who knows, but for me there are just a greater number of awesome Cure songs than Smiths songs. And Kyle in South Park got it right, Disintegration is the best album ever. It just owns so much ass. The Queen is Dead is nearly as good of course.

Comment

Smiths... but Cure a close second.

Comment

Lobe song - The Cure, amazing

Comment

Originally posted by Chunk.. View Post
          I think it all depends on your mood at the moment. I believe that both groups are far more superior than so many before them and since. The Cure has lasted and stayed musically fresh for so long, obviously with the help of personnel changes.

But I have to lean toward the Smiths because of their phenomenal talent and perfectly balanced lineup. Their music is timeless. I never get tired of dissecting their works, Marr's complexity and smoothness on guitar, Joyce' rockabilly and all-over-the-place drum style, Roarke's unmatchable bass lines, and of course the lyrical content from Morrissey and his not-quite-on-key vocal style that sears itself forever in your can't-get-enough brain.
          Yes............................................... .............

Comment

Fan of both but the Smiths are on a different level. 2nd only to Queen in my list of best bands

Comment

The Smiths are great, but I lean towards the Cure.

More diverse sound, larger body of work. And the Cure's music can bring a tear to my eye, which is difficult to do to a hard, stone cold niggga like myself.

****ography, Kiss Me, Disintegration, and the Bloodflowers were my favorites.

Comment

I would say Cure has more emotional depth where Smiths had wit.

Comment

Comment

used to kind of like the smiths, but morrissey sucks.

johnny marr is a great, great guitar player. that's about where it ends for me.

and the cure.. i mean... yeah? ok i guess? notbody to write about on a forum, certainly.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                      X