Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Kellerman: Only Man Who Can Challenge Mayweather is Golovkin

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
    In 2011. That's not a standing offer in 2013, esp from a 21 yr old
    And 2 years later the catchweight went up with inflation by 2 pounds. Either way, he's the one that asked for it.

Comment

• Originally posted by turnedup View Post
      Odds would be based on a number of things, weight, rehydration clauses, ring size, etc. Floyd in a max size ring would be favorable, Golovkin at his full weight is favorable, Rehydration clause favors Floyd, fight outside of vegas favors Golovkin. It won't ever happen, I say Floyd has taken more risks in fights than people give him credit for. He didn't have to face Maidana, and in that first fight he fought in a way that favored Maidana's skillset but changed it up in the second fight.
      At the first Maidana fight, the betting odds were from 1/9 to 1/14... I wish I could see Mayweather in situations where we would say that no this is too much Floyd. The great legends of boxing had these kind of challenges. Floyd's biggest risk was Oscar... Where he was a small favourite as well.

Comment

• Originally posted by jvsnypes View Post
        I completely disagree with Max. Yes, GGG is too big for Floyd, but if they were to fight, Floyd wins in a very boring fight. The only chance GGG would have is to KO Floyd, but with his defense and counters, I seriously doubt it would happen. GGG cuts off the ring very well, but no flat footed fighter will ever beat Floyd at this stage. The type of fighters that would take Floyd to hell and back are Khan and Crawford, and probably Bradley. Their athletic ability alone would give Floyd fits at his age. Khan's hand speed and aggressive offensive attack would give an aging Floyd fits. Bradley has very good skills and enough championship experience to make it very interesting with Floyd. But Crawford is just an entire different animal and Floyd should stay as far from him as possible. This kid has skill, speed, power in both hands, and a serious killer instinct. He is a nightmare for any aging fighter. He would be to Floyd what Terry Norris was to Leonard. He would not only be a serious challenge for Floyd, but a serious threat! Max can talk all he wants about GGG. He has a lot of limitations when fighting someone as skilled as Floyd. But with Crawford, the only real advantage Floyd would have would be his experience. I think Crawford matches Floyd in every category except for experience, and he packs more power in his shots than Floyd. Crawford has his flaws, but Floyd's age, I don't think he could exploit them.
        Floyd is strong enough to wrestle with Crawford, make it an ugly fight and win Hopkins-style (I mean recent Hopkins, the alien, not the early executioner). But against GGG this will not work, the disparity in strength is severe, if he'll try to clinch, he will be thrown away like a ragdoll. The only chance aganist GGG is "to dance" for 12 rounds. But not with the legs of an aging figther. Floyd should stay away from GGG - it is unwinnable for him.

Comment

• Lots can challenge Floyd but as he said he isn't willing to fight everyone. GGG is the one Floyd would get most credit for though

Comment

• Originally posted by Shadoww702 View Post
            166??? I hope you meant to say 156??? If GGG even tried to come close to 166 Ward will be wanting some of that...
            Are you genuinely that stupid or pretending to be? 2 pounds of rehydration over the contractual weight? This is basically equivalent of same day weight in. Which was abolished due to health concerns.

Comment

• Originally posted by dogfish View Post
              At the first Maidana fight, the betting odds were from 1/9 to 1/14... I wish I could see Mayweather in situations where we would say that no this is too much Floyd. The great legends of boxing had these kind of challenges. Floyd's biggest risk was Oscar... Where he was a small favourite as well.
              While I hear you, this is a new era with a lot more insight to the long term of effects of boxing. I'm all for the knockout, matter of fact the need for salts to wake a mofo up excites me but i'm also cognizant that every punch gets you closer to long term damage. I can't begrudge anyone treating sport like a businessman treats business, nobody starts out as CEO on day one but you earn that right and once you get there you have the hardest job in keeping it but also the benefits afforded to you by working your way to that spot. Floyd used those benefits to make a ton of money with as much nominal risk (considering its boxing..that's not saying much) but he didn't get lazy and just settled he stayed in the gym and stayed on his game. I personally do think he avoided Paul Williams tho, as much as I respect Floyd, paul was really all wrong for his fighting style.
              Last edited by turnedup; 03-02-2016, 10:33 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post

Then why won't Golovkin drop a couple for Canelo ?

Why are folks calling Khan a lunatic for jumping 8lbs for Canelo ?

Size matters.
                Um, I just said 13 pounds didn't matter, so I don't see why I would answer why GGG won't DROP in weight to fight Canelo. I say let them fight at 155 and 160 respectively. Five measly pounds isn't gonna make a difference.

Khan is being called a lunatic because he's glass-jawed and yet going up against a very strong, KO artist.

Comment

• What about Ward and Kovalev? Wladimir Klitschko? Why stop at middleweights?

Comment

• Originally posted by Pigeons View Post
                    What about Ward and Kovalev? Wladimir Klitschko? Why stop at middleweights?
                    Those guys couldn't drop down to Floyds division, knock him out and take his belts

Comment

• Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
                      Those guys couldn't drop down to Floyds division, knock him out and take his belts
                      Win win for Floyd. Beat Golovkin and everyone plays it off as Floyd fought a drained fighter or get knocked out by a career middleweight at 154.

Gay.

Comment

Working...
                      X