No announcement yet.

Canelo made GGG miss all night?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bigdunny1 View Post
    stupid GGG threw more power punches a lot more and still was outlanded by 4 by a double digit landing clip. Outlanded GGG in 7 of the 12 rounds. And this ain't even counting the difference in clean shots compared to partially blocked shots which was lopsided in canelo's favor. Stop trying to spin it GGG was made to miss a lot the stats bare it out and anyone with 2 eyes could see GGG swinging and missing comically at times while canelo threw significantly less punches but landed more of EVERYTHING except jabs and at higher rates.
    Yeah, those clean shots as these, right? https://imgur.com/a/JHof8

And since jabs doesn't matter, nothing actually landed there, right?

Comment

I think the reason why it ended up a draw was the effectiveness of the GGG wasn't there. It was more just a probing jab and was caught more than not by Canelo's gloves or shoulders. On a few occasions the jab had some snap, but usually it was a glancing jab and was more of just a range finder.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny2x2x View Post
        I think the reason why it ended up a draw was the effectiveness of the GGG wasn't there. It was more just a probing jab and was caught more than not by Canelo's gloves or shoulders. On a few occasions the jab had some snap, but usually it was a glancing jab and was more of just a range finder.
        I'm pretty sure being reasonable in a extreme opinion thread is a losing battle bro, but I wish you good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by stealthradon View Post
          Yeah, those clean shots as these, right? https://imgur.com/a/JHof8

And since jabs doesn't matter, nothing actually landed there, right?
          This is the link to the gif you just posted

Are you saying Canelo didn't land anything in this exchange? Are you trying to help GGG case or hurt it he just got clipped multiple times by canelo in your own video lol

Comment

Are you saying Canelo didn't land anything in this exchange? Are you trying to help GGG case or hurt it he just got clipped multiple times by canelo in your own video lol
            Yes, I am saying he didn't land anything. The body shot had no power on it, the right after that parried, the left was a grazing shot.

The jab lands, and the rest are blocked.

Comment

2% difference On every single punch thrown in 12 rounds. It's not my fault Canelo moved around all night and only fought 30 seconds of every round therefore throwing 200 less punches

Comment

Originally posted by stealthradon View Post
                Yes, I am saying he didn't land anything. The body shot had no power on it, the right after that parried, the left was a grazing shot.

The jab lands, and the rest are blocked.
                HAHAHA ok if those don't count as landed please show us all the much cleaner punches of GGG landing?

Comment

Power punches are considered anything but a jab.

GGG's jab is so good it should be considered a power punch.

A lot of Canelo's "power punches" were shoe shining.

Comment

Originally posted by Jsmooth9876 View Post
                    2% difference On every single punch thrown in 12 rounds. It's not my fault Canelo moved around all night and only fought 30 seconds of every round therefore throwing 200 less punches
                    Historical percentage of punches land for both Canelo/GGG heading into this fight

Canelo career 23% lands on Jabs and 46% on power shots
                    GGG career 34% on Jabs and 46% on power shots

Which fighter lived up to their normal landing percents and which fighter saw massive drops?

Sat night

Jabs
                    Canelo 23.6% - actually slightly up
                    GGG 29.9% - down 4%

Power shots
                    Canelo 42% - down 4%
                    GGG 32% - down 14% - OUCH

So yes GGG missed a LOT

Comment

Stop it Stop it. Those punches were as effective as your point. They all got smothered dumb ass

Comment

Working...
                      X