British JOKE Justice System, Only 10 Years for Brutal Murder of a Child

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kessu.apengu
    Hey there is no need for the essay.

It is simple, if you kill in my country you get 40 years in the worst sh_it prison ever. You are treated like the dog that you are!

Doing a rehab programme after you kill someone just so you can potentially come out of jail is a joke!

If you kill you should serve 40 years in jail or be stoned to death similar to Islamic law.
    Three points:

1. You're an alt, you're not really from Nigeria and you are trolling. Once your IP is checked I expect you to be banned again. Also get a hobby, you weirdo.

2. This discussion is not about the relative merits of various justice systems, it's a discussion about the British justice system and the relative sentences for different offences.

3. If you were genuinely from Nigeria and we were discussing the merits of comparative justice systems we could examine the rate of violent and nonviolent crimes between the two countries and see which system has the best net result.

Comment

I never understood why murder has to be 20-25+ years...

It really should depend on the circumstances.

And the point is to rehabilitate the offender and sticking them in jail for life will do nothing...

I know someone will say, "if your loved one was killed you would want to killer to rot in hell" well I'm certain I would but as I said, depends on the circumstances.

Comment

Originally posted by Ukr_Alex View Post

And the point is to rehabilitate the offender and sticking them in jail for life will do nothing...

I know someone will say, "if your loved one was killed you would want to killer to rot in hell" well I'm certain I would but as I said, depends on the circumstances.
        Justice should be blind and impartial. Not meted out by the caprices of angry victims.

Comment

Originally posted by squealpiggy View Post
          Justice should be blind and impartial. Not meted out by the caprices of angry victims.
          I agree, but I know for a fact that at the moment emotions will overpower everything....and well thats why judgment should be left to the judge and jury.

Comment

Life with minimum 10 year sentence for murder of a 15 year old. If I read what SP said correctly, that in 10 years this sad excuse for a human can go out on parole in 10 years, then that is sad.

From the outside looking in, you might shrug your shoulders, say "It's okay, defend it and move on, I can read, those are the rules, oh well. Although they're man-made rules, they are rules regardless and we must follow them". But like ukr Alex predicts, if it is a loved one of an individual doing the defending, the tune will change dramatically.

I just want to ask Squeal, if he's ever had any close one murdered? If the question is too personal, then don't mind it. It's just I see you do a whole lot of defending of the rules and regulations for criminals. It could be 100 people to 1, that one will be you. I just want to ask you, why do you do that? It's good you abide by our man-made rules and all, and you want to give every one a chance in life, every criminal. But seriously, a 15 year old girl gets murdered? And you just like, shrug your shoulders "Those rules are good, nothing wrong with them". I am not attacking you, I just want you to give a reason as to why you do this?

Comment

Originally posted by squealpiggy View Post
              I have demonstrated that people do not get more jail time for robbery than for murder. Standing by your statement is merely being stubborn. A life sentence is more than a 15 year sentence, even if your life sentence stipulates a minimum term that is less than 15 years. Because your life sentence is a life sentence.

http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/CrimeJus...ords/DG_187041

The UK Parole Board differentiates between determinate sentences (such as the aforementioned 15 years for armed robbery) and indeterminate sentences (such as life terms for murder). An armed robber sentenced to 15 years would be released into the community after 7 1/2 years to serve the rest of his sentence "under license". A murderer serving life with a minimum term of ten years would be eligible to apply for parole after serving 9 years. If parole is granted (the Parole Board needs to decide if an early release would be safe) then the prisoner would be released after they have served the 10 years and not before. If it was not granted they would remain in prison and be allowed to apply at regular intervals.

Standing by your statement in the face of it being demonstrated as wrong is an exercise in stubbornness.

Wrong. Successful fraud involving professional planning over a significant amount of time to a value of more than half a million pounds has a starting point of 4 years. The maximum sentence is 7 years.

Conspiracy to defraud under common law has a maximum sentence of 10 years for amounts of a million pounds and involving significant breaches of trust against vulnerable peoples.

Concede defeat. I can do this all day!
              You have done nothing.

If you are found guilty of conspiracy to defraud you can get more than 10 years in jail.

FACT

If you are found guilty of robbery you can get 12 years in jail.

FACT

This young girl was brutally stabbed to death in an unprovoked attack and the murderer only gets 10 years, and you don't think there is a problem with the justice system.

There is a problem with you son.

Comment

Originally posted by Ukr_Alex View Post

Because of something called justice.

People need to be punished for there crimes, or do you think they should be rewarded with rehabilitation.

What kind of sick world do you want to live in?

Comment

Where does it say that he was sentenced to 10 years?

All I read about his sentencing was that he got a minimum of 10 years

Comment

Originally posted by Even Money View Post
                    Where does it say that he was sentenced to 10 years?

All I read about his sentencing was that he got a minimum of 10 years
                    He can be allowed out in ten years, (parole) that is not acceptable for the crime he has committed.

There will be people that have committed non-violent crimes serving longer than 10 years.

Comment

Originally posted by D4thincarnation View Post
                      He can be allowed out in ten years, (parole) that is not acceptable for the crime he has committed.

There will be people that have committed non-violent crimes serving longer than 10 years.
                      people in non violent crimes usually can get parole or have their sentences reduced.

Just because he can be allowed doesn't mean he will. There was nothing in the article whatsoever suggesting that he would do 10 years and be free. That article you posted contained one sentence about his sentencing: He will get a minimum of 10 years. You're overreacting and getting emotional from that one sentence?

Edit: I google his name and it says he was sentenced to life.

http://www.thisisstaffordshire.co.uk...ail/story.html

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk...s-8117426.html
                      Last edited by DARKSEID; 09-08-2012, 01:49 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X